Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo charger USB cable

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to charge my phone with the Turbo charger while keeping it on my desk. So I grabbed a longer USB cable and found it didn't work with the charger. That's when I noticed how much thicker the cable is that cable with the charger. Not one of the many USB cables I have is as thicker and none of the thinner ones I tried worked. Guess I could just use an electric extension cord unless anyone knows where to find the right kind of USB cable?

By the way took right at 2 hours to charge on the Turbo charger from 5% to 100%. Phone got pretty warm.

ck33

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Turbo charger USB cable

Well crap. I just threw a bunch of USB cables in a drawer (including the one from the Turbo). Are there any identifying marks? I didn't know the CABLE was special!

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Well crap. I just threw a bunch of USB cables in a drawer (including the one from the Turbo). Are there any identifying marks? I didn't know the CABLE was special!

No distinguishing marks, but it should be easy to identify as it's much thicker than the others I have.

ck33

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

OK. Just so I can confirm that I am using the correct cable - are you saying that it doesn't charge at all or that using the wrong cable doesn't take advantage of the 'quick' charge? I think you were saying that it doesn't work at all..?

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I have a generic 6ft USB cable that I used with my Turbo charger yesterday, the phone recognized the Turbo charger with no issues and quick charged my phone.

I bought the cable off of Amazon a couple of years ago for under 5 bucks. So it isn't some special, high priced cable.

ck33

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, turns out I never even opened the original USB and was using one from an older phone (another Moto or maybe an even older HTC) but it has worked for the last two nights. On another note - MAN the supplied cable is VERY short!

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Couldn't get my 6' cable to work at all. Others, as you've likely seen, have had success with different cables.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My longer cable from my Logitech mouse/keyboard works. I'm using it since the Moto was short.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the cable from my HTC DNAs charger because the Turbos cord is so darn short. My phone charges just fine, turbo charger is recognized without issue.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

pilotmommy

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes on the moto cord or USB cable both sides contain pro gs there's a set of prongs on one side that are further apart and on the other side the charging prongs ( prongs meaning the the metal raised points on usually the flat side of the end if the cable that plugs into your phone) the other side of the cable end that plugs into your phone has another set of raised prongs that are closer together. If you'll notice on most USB charging cables there's only prongs on one side. This is partly or mostly why the moto has the turbo charging or faster charging capability this should help you determine which is the moto turbo cable. It does make a gift different NDE in charging speed my husband and I can charges our phone to 100% in 20 minutes from 0-20% to start. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!!!