Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo ART

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have read many articles and forums and see many recommendations to change the system to ART?

Can anyone enhance my education about this?

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: ART

I have read many articles and forums and see many recommendations to change the system to ART?

Can anyone enhance my education about this?

Go into settings / about phone and tap the build number several times. After you do it enough, it will tell you that you have activated the developer menu.

Go into settings / developer and look for runtime, tap it and choose ART. It will prompt you to ok the change.

That said - there is already a thread about this here, suggesting that people who change to ART see a dialog showing that the phone is rebuilding the ART cache every time it restarts the phone. On any other KitKat phone it only does this once. I'd say that maybe you should just stick with Dalvik for now.

I switch back and forth between Dalvik and ART on my Droid Maxx - I've noticed little to no difference between them, both in performance and battery life. I can really never tell which I am running. I think that changing to ART on KitKat is a bit overrated.

See http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo/457649-anyone-switch-over-art-dalvik-yet.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC