Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Where did the Block incoming call setting go

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
On all my past Android phones in the dialer you could go to settings and see a list of numbers you blocked and add new ones to your blocked list. Where is this in 4.4.4?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, no one has figured out how to block certain callers by phone number on this device? On my prior S3 there was a call settings menu where you could block the last caller, add any number to the blocked call list, and review/edit the list of numbers you have put into the blocked call list. I can't even find a call settings menu at all on this device. Otherwise love the Turbo, but I'm finding the menus that come up when you touch the 3 little dots are bare bones compared to what was on my Samsung when you hit the settings/menu capacitive key. I suppose there is an app for this, but I know it is already part of the OS, it is just not showing up anywhere.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Only through Google Voice (from the desktop). And maybe some specific OEMs like Samsung used to have.

via AC App on VZW Moto X DE/N7

brybelle22

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
If you have the number in your contacts, you can go to that contact and from the menu select the number to be sent directly to voicemail. Not exactly a block, but it will at least keep the number from ringing in.

Attachments

• 1415364911109.jpg
    1415364911109.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 70

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
OK, no one has figured out how to block certain callers by phone number on this device? On my prior S3 there was a call settings menu where you could block the last caller, add any number to the blocked call list, and review/edit the list of numbers you have put into the blocked call list. I can't even find a call settings menu at all on this device. Otherwise love the Turbo, but I'm finding the menus that come up when you touch the 3 little dots are bare bones compared to what was on my Samsung when you hit the settings/menu capacitive key. I suppose there is an app for this, but I know it is already part of the OS, it is just not showing up anywhere.

Just because it was on your S3 doesn't mean it is part of the OS (AOSP) . People knock TouchWiz all the time, but it definitely provides some features that folks rely on.

I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't go back because of how good this beast is, but I guess I do miss some of the touchwiz features. I'm sure there is an app I can find to do this. I know I can block incoming calls from the Verizon website, but that is maxed at 5 and you have to reenter every 5 days.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I HAVE BEEN USING A CALL BLOCKER APP FROM devmain FOUND IN THE GOOGLE PLAY THERE ARE SEVERAL FREE APPS LIKE THIS
Seems like a good app, is it ad supported & if so, is there an in-app purchase option to remove them? I've come to detest ads and will gladly pay a couple of bucks for a good app free of them.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
In the menu for individual contacts, there is a "send to voicemail" option.
I use this feature now. I entered a contact for "Blocked Caller" set to send to Voicemail and add any undesirable numbers to this contact. Works well enough but truly rejecting the call (gasp, ala iPhone call blocker) would be even better. Honestly, I cannot understand why it's not baked into the OS instead of relying on manufacturer customization.

Don Miller7

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
The setting to send a caller to VM is under the contact. Select edit, then select 3 button in top right corner. A drop down will appear then check box send calls to VM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670