Second turbo: gap between screen at Vol. rocker?

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Exchanged my first Turbo today for an uneven screen.

Get second one home and notice that the vol. rocker always makes a sand-in-the-mechanism-like second click when pressing it the first time (ie. if I let it rest 30 minutes the extra Grundy click comes back). Look closely and there is flashing between the screen and casing that is bulging the volume rocker area a little. I can fit the edge of a guitar pick in there but no where else on the phone.

Anyone else have any weird casing issues like that?

Going to exchange again tomorrow. Wish me luck....

Posted via the Android Central App

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Exchanged my first Turbo today for an uneven screen.

Get second one home and notice that the vol. rocker always makes a sand-in-the-mechanism-like second click when pressing it the first time (ie. if I let it rest 30 minutes the extra Grundy click comes back). Look closely and there is flashing between the screen and casing that is bulging the volume rocker area a little. I can fit the edge of a guitar pick in there but no where else on the phone.

Anyone else have any weird casing issues like that?

Going to exchange again tomorrow. Wish me luck....

On my 3rd turbo and this one is doing what you described, the first two didn't. I don't think it's worth exchanging over, I wouldn't wanna exchange a phone for such a minor thing and end up with another one that has a bigger problem.

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
On my 3rd turbo and this one is doing what you described, the first two didn't. I don't think it's worth exchanging over, I wouldn't wanna exchange a phone for such a minor thing and end up with another one that has a bigger problem.

Well where mine is bulging there is also some coating missing where the flashing is so I am worried about that spreading. Mine will be exchanged again today.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep, you shouldn't compromise that for sure.
Seams like quality control is lacking in Motorola factories this year again, but I'm surprised it's on Droid devices, because they are not messed with as Customizable Moto X.

via AC App on VZW Moto X DE/N7

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Well where mine is bulging there is also some coating missing where the flashing is so I am worried about that spreading. Mine will be exchanged again today.

Hm, if that's the case then yeah go for it. That's a bigger issue. Although mine it's the first turbo that doesn't have that bulge, just checked when you mentioned it. Weird.