Holster or Armband Recommendations Anyone?

Joseph Watkins

May 29, 2014
Visit site
First off, I am not looking for a case (If I get this nice / big of a phone, I want to show it off and not make it any bigger), but I want to have a holster to slide it in at work and an arm band to slide it in when exercising. Has anyone already purchased anything from amazon or the like? i can't find anything with reviews yet and sometimes they just don't fit right. Any recommendations would be awesome! Also, I am not interested in the verizon shell and holster as I don't want to put that shell on my turbo. (I am unaware of any other verizon offerings as there was nothing in the corporate store I went to to purchase the phone.)

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, same here. I was going to use my old RAZR M for runs, but not swapping Sims all the time would be nicer.

Posted via the Android Central App

molgen

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I use an armband from Tune Belt for my Galaxy Nexus. I've had it since release and I work out about twice a week. I love it and I'll grab one for a Turbo IF I decide to get it.

Things to consider: I prefer the bottom placement of the earphone plug on the Nexus. This way the cord isn't hanging awkwardly. If I get it for the Turbo, I might put the phone in upside down so that the port is on the bottom and I'll poke a hole in the armband. Another thing is that these bands are a little short. It works for me because my arms aren't very big, but they do sell extensions. Just email them and ask them which size is compatible with DT.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Didn't take me long to hate using wired headphones with my armband, and started using bluetooth earbuds. I got tired of using an armband too, so now I use a spibelt and have a watch to be able to see stats.

Sent from my Moto X

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking the holster, and if it fits as well as you say....

I use the holster daily at work. I also use my z30 pocket pouch for more casual situations too keep phone protected while in pocket. They keep the phone secure when you aren't using it, but when you handle the phone it remains naked which I really like, unlike some of the shell type holsters.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I use the holster daily at work. I also use my z30 pocket pouch for more casual situations too keep phone protected while in pocket. They keep the phone secure when you aren't using it, but when you handle the phone it remains naked which I really like, unlike some of the shell type holsters.

The pouch fits well? No sliding around? Can you post a few pics?

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The pouch fits well? No sliding around? Can you post a few pics?

Plenty snug, top is cut out on top to show BlackBerry notification light, protected to top in rear, does the trick for me, the z30 and turbo have almost same dimensions.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 12573.jpg
    12573.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 12574.jpg
    12574.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 12575.jpg
    12575.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 74

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
this phone fits perfect, and i mean perfect, in my BlackBerry Z30 leather holster. Excellent quality. small ghosted blackberry logo on bottom right of case, perfect for work.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster for Blackberry Z30 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster for BlackBerry Z30 / Verizon Z30 | BlackBerry Cases

I got the Z30 case yesterday. Sweet Jesus this thing is tight! Once it's in, you almost need pliers to get it back out. Not much room to play so I doubt this thing will stretch out any.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the Z30 case yesterday. Sweet Jesus this thing is tight! Once it's in, you almost need pliers to get it back out. Not much room to play so I doubt this thing will stretch out any.

Yea it was tight for the z30 too, it is real leather, give it a week and it will be looser but not too loose.

ALSO make sure the phone goes in with the screen facing towards you for holster!

edit: just tested on mine, if you put screen facing out it is absurdly tight which i think is your problem.

R Dale D

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The flipbelt is hands down the best thing I have ever used to carry a phone while exercising, you forget it's even there. Plus you can carry your keys, wallet, gel packs, etc...

Search flipbelt dot com

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea it was tight for the z30 too, it is real leather, give it a week and it will be looser but not too loose.

ALSO make sure the phone goes in with the screen facing towards you for holster!

edit: just tested on mine, if you put screen facing out it is absurdly tight which i think is your problem.

Yep, that's what I was doing. Fits pretty well. Does the pouch fit as sung?

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's what I was doing. Fits pretty well. Does the pouch fit as sung?

yea pouch is pretty much same as holster, you get to have the screen face out the front in the pouch, as opposed to the holster where it faces inside. Both lined with microfiber which is good for the screen as well. As you can tell from the holster the leather is great quality on the pouch as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz