Voice call volume. Any fix?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am about 90% decided to get the Turbo, but use my phone for calls about 1/2 hour a day. So I need to be able to hear the other person or persons (conference calls) well. From what I have read in this forum and elsewhere the Turbo has an issue because only one of it's two speakers at ear level produce sound during a call. Some review have suggested using a headset, which I will not do. Is there a fix for this issue? Has anyone contacted Verizon or Motorola about this problem? It's a phone one would thing call quality and volume would we near the top of the list on Motorola/Lenovos/Verizon's priorities.

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And some of us have no problem with the ear piece volume, in fact I have mine turned down a notch or two. Why some do and some don't? Who knows?

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Its the position in which you hold the phone at. The ear piece is on the very top so you have to hold it at your ear canal

Turbo-Shot from my Ballistic Turbo

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Jay,

Do you make calls in noisy environments like an office or a Starbucks. I sometimes do and need to be able to hear. My DNA has a problem with this and I do not want the replacement phone to continue. You would thing with the Verizon "Can you hear me now" campaign voice call sound would be a top priority.

heyeaglefn

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
And some of us have no problem with the ear piece volume, in fact I have mine turned down a notch or two. Why some do and some don't? Who knows?

Hold the phone with the left speaker to your ear, it will sound much lower. Sound is only coming out of the right speaker for most of the phones for calls.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I found that instead of centering my ear on the speaker grill i put it to the right side where the actual call speaker is, when i do that it gets much louder.

People are assuming to center it up to the speaker grill, but the call one is on the far right side while the speaker phone/ other speaker is on the left. On my phone anyway

If u try to center it you lose a lot of volume.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
People are assuming to center it up to the speaker grill, but the call one is on the far right side while the speaker phone/ other speaker is on the left. On my phone anyway

There is only one speaker. On the right and a sound channel across the top.

Screenshot 2014-11-07 10.25.13.png

Casa IT Team

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I found that if you go into the settings and shut off audio effect.. It can be found under sound options.. This helps a little but note that the speaker on the grille is oriented right of center.. If you hold the phone so that it is right of dead center it is plenty loud..