Qi charging complaint

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to not have that wireless charger detected thing pop up every time you place phone on the charger, one of the beauties of wireless charging is you don't notice it and can pick up and place phone freely without being interrupted. Like I get it droid turbo you have wireless charging built in, but I don't need to be remind each time, my charger lights up and the phone is charging is indicated on the battery symbol.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well... that's because it's charging. You want to be able to put the phone on the charger, but not have it charge? If so, then it's not possible unless you disconnect the charger.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Well... that's because it's charging. You want to be able to put the phone on the charger, but not have it charge? If so, then it's not possible unless you disconnect the charger.

Nah I think he's saying he doesn't want the charger target popping up every time you put it down.

I get what you're saying though, I usually have my screen off when I put it down and then the charger target turns it back on. It's pretty annoying. I don't think there's a way to turn it off though.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, so there's an extra pop-up for wireless charging on top of all the indicators? Then yeah, I'd find that as annoying as the Samsung 'your volume is too loud and might damage your ears' one. But yeah, I doubt there's a way to turn that off other than rooting and a different ROM.

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I think it might just be a qi charging thing in general. My Droid DNA does it too. I too find it a bit annoying.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there's a way to disable it either. On the bright side, if you have a small QI charger, and it isn't quite properly positioned, the target message will pop up repeatedly, so in that case, at least it's giving you a heads up top redeposition your phone.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it might just be a qi charging thing in general. My Droid DNA does it too. I too find it a bit annoying.

its an android thing in general*

WIth my BlackBerry i just had to place on the charger, and it started charging no event took place on the screen like the droid

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
its an android thing in general*

WIth my BlackBerry i just had to place on the charger, and it started charging no event took place on the screen like the droid
Interesting. Will "L" do things differently? Guess we'll know soon enough.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there's a way to disable it either. On the bright side, if you have a small QI charger, and it isn't quite properly positioned, the target message will pop up repeatedly, so in that case, at least it's giving you a heads up top redeposition your phone.

Yeah it's very useful for my small charger, but the charger itself has a status LED on it so one of them is redundant. If there were an option to toggle it on and off that would have been great.

Also my brother's G3 only makes a sound when Qi is activated. No screen lighting or no target pop up.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's very useful for my small charger, but the charger itself has a status LED on it so one of them is redundant. If there were an option to toggle it on and off that would have been great.

Also my brother's G3 only makes a sound when Qi is activated. No screen lighting or no target pop up.
You're not wrong.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, if this is the worst problem this phone has, then I'd say that it's a pretty darned good phone.
Many on this forum will argue that this is by far not the worse problem the phone has, but still, it's a pretty darned good phone all the same :cool:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm just thrilled it doesn't make a connection noise. On my Maxx it would make a noise when I set it on the Tylt charger and occasionally the phone would have a little seizure repeatedly making the noise trying to connect or something. The target doesn't bother me maybe because I just have it sitting next to my bed and I put it on the charger before I go to bed. It would certainly be nice if there was a software option to turn that notification off. There are so many things that should be software options - like having the battery % instead of the symbol.

Robert Jordan1

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Just getting to know the Turbo and the wireless charging options. Aside from the LED lighting and the bleep sounds, I see there are numerous options for a device to wirelessly charge. Help me spend $50.00 or so to get my 'first' wireless charger.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just getting to know the Turbo and the wireless charging options. Aside from the LED lighting and the bleep sounds, I see there are numerous options for a device to wirelessly charge. Help me spend $50.00 or so to get my 'first' wireless charger.

I have both the Nokia stand and plate chargers in black, no problems and arent too big.

Posted via the Android Central App

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Here is the problem I am having. I put the turbo on the wirelesses charger at night. It reaches full charge somewhere during the night. Then it stops charging. The problem is that once the charge starts dropping and it starts charging again, the screen comes on and lights up the room. The screen eventually goes off. It quickly reaches full charge and this happens again. The screen is coming on and off all night disturbing us. This does not happen when connected to USB charger.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is the problem I am having. I put the turbo on the wirelesses charger at night. It reaches full charge somewhere during the night. Then it stops charging. The problem is that once the charge starts dropping and it starts charging again, the screen comes on and lights up the room. The screen eventually goes off. It quickly reaches full charge and this happens again. The screen is coming on and off all night disturbing us. This does not happen when connected to USB charger.

do you have the moto assist thing to keep screen off during the night?