iVoler Tempered Glass Screen Protector

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A glorified scratch protector for $50? Just get a cheaper plastic protector, as both will serve the same purpose. Personally, I have a naked phone, as the Gorilla Glass 3 should hold up very well (as GG did on my Droid RAZR Maxx).

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
A glorified scratch protector for $50? Just get a cheaper plastic protector, as both will serve the same purpose. Personally, I have a naked phone, as the Gorilla Glass 3 should hold up very well (as GG did on my Droid RAZR Maxx).

Haha, someone on Amazon is price gouging. That was $10 when he posted it, not $50.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, you're better off just getting a $20 flexible glass one from Verizon. I own an iPhone/iPad repair business and tempered glass screen protectors with do nothing to prevent your screen from shattering. All they do is protect scratches. Why spend that much on something to protect scratches? I mean if that's what you really want, then obviously go ahead, but don't purchase or with the belief that it will prevent cracks/shattering.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stratman Rick

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got that protector for 12.95 from iVolerDirect via Amazon and they threw a free case in. I had already got the Naked Case but I figured what the hey, I'll take the freebie too LOL. Damn...the price just went down to 9.95 LOL.

ReverendOD

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got that protector for 12.95 from iVolerDirect via Amazon and they threw a free case in. I had already got the Naked Case but I figured what the hey, I'll take the freebie too LOL. Damn...the price just went down to 9.95 LOL.

Anyone get theirs yet? I ordered one as well. Wondering how it stands up against Verizon's flexible one.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I got my confirmation saying it shipped.
Expected delivery: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - Friday, January 9, 2015 by 8pm
Maybe it will be here by Christmas so I can put it in my stocking. :D

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, you're better off just getting a $20 flexible glass one from Verizon. I own an iPhone/iPad repair business and tempered glass screen protectors with do nothing to prevent your screen from shattering. All they do is protect scratches. Why spend that much on something to protect scratches? I mean if that's what you really want, then obviously go ahead, but don't purchase or with the belief that it will prevent cracks/shattering.

Posted via the Android Central App

I had 1 on my phone for all of three days . I hated the verizon one . Always snagging the edges with the ridges in my finger prints . The feel of the glass sucked .

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I got my iVoler glass in the mail yesterday and put it on last night. I really like the fit and quality. I had the xtreme guard spartan glass on my phone the past few days and was not happy at all with the fit. The xtreme guard glass would not stick on the sides and there were two spots on each side of the home button that would not stick.

The iVoler glass seems to be cut a little smaller on the sides and fits much better! There is a little smudge in the lower left corner seen in the picture. This is a finger print from my fat fingers made during the install. :(

Mine took about a month to get here but It looks like the boat must have had a big shipment on it. Today its available on Amazon with prime 2 day shipping.
IMG_20141214_123257_036-1.jpgIMG_20141214_123352_511-1.jpg

The xtreme guard was a little thicker and seemed to attract less finger prints. Not that the ivoler attracts a lot. Its minimal and they wipe off easy but the xtreme guard almost looked like you couldnt smudge it if you tried. But ill stick with the iVoler because the fit is much better in my opinion.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I got my iVoler glass in the mail yesterday and put it on last night. I really like the fit and quality. I had the xtreme guard spartan glass on my phone the past few days and was not happy at all with the fit. The xtreme guard glass would not stick on the sides and there were two spots on each side of the home button that would not stick....

Did you buy the thinner ($12) one or the thicker ($8) one? I ordered the thinner because I wasn't sure I could tolerate the large ridge at the edge of the glass.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Did you buy the thinner ($12) one or the thicker ($8) one? I ordered the thinner because I wasn't sure I could tolerate the large ridge at the edge of the glass.

The one I got was the thinner one. ($12) It was listed as 0.2mm.
The other iVoler one is listed as 0.3mm and the xtreme that I had was 0.4mm. The 0.4mm was visibly thinker but it still had the rounded edges and felt fine. But I do like the look of the thinner one better.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I got my iVoler glass in the mail yesterday and put it on last night. I really like the fit and quality. I had the xtreme guard spartan glass on my phone the past few days and was not happy at all with the fit. The xtreme guard glass would not stick on the sides and there were two spots on each side of the home button that would not stick.

The iVoler glass seems to be cut a little smaller on the sides and fits much better! There is a little smudge in the lower left corner seen in the picture. This is a finger print from my fat fingers made during the install. :(

Mine took about a month to get here but It looks like the boat must have had a big shipment on it. Today its available on Amazon with prime 2 day shipping.
View attachment 154131View attachment 154132

The xtreme guard was a little thicker and seemed to attract less finger prints. Not that the ivoler attracts a lot. Its minimal and they wipe off easy but the xtreme guard almost looked like you couldnt smudge it if you tried. But ill stick with the iVoler because the fit is much better in my opinion.

I had the same experience with the xrtreme. Very bad lift/non-adhesion at the botton. Could you please post the link to the one you have in these pics so i can make sure I am ordering the same one?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
he iVoler glass seems to be cut a little smaller on the sides and fits much better!

Interesting, based on your pics it looks the same size on the top and bottom as the Xtreme guard I have on mine. Perhaps the thin-ness of it allow sit better and adhere better at the bottom (not as stiff) than the Xtreme

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I think I saw your Amazon review. Charlie, right?
Yes that was my review. Before I installed the iVoler I held it over the xtreme that I had and the extreme was just a hair wider. It might be just enough to keep the edges up. Also maybe the iVoler being thinner does help...

Wiseblood

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 154131View attachment 154132

Just got mine today. Easy application. It looks great. Like you observed, it's good that it's slightly smaller than the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow