Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Speaker static?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does the speaker create any static on max volume when listening to music? I swear I'm hearing it on certain pitches and I'm thinking my phone may be screwy all of a sudden. Didn't notice it until today. I think it may be normal since its not constant though.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Speaker static?

Alright, so its normal. Its not too bad thus why I never noticed it until last night.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I listen to music and video at max volume without any distortion at all, but I've noticed that when I use navigation the voice for turn by turn directions gets distorted at high volumes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Mine does it a lot at the upper levels of volume. But I listen to heavy death metal music so I figure it's just the speaker not being able to keep up with all of it at once. Definitely flattens out during bass too. Kind of underwhelming.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Mine does it a lot at the upper levels of volume. But I listen to heavy death metal music so I figure it's just the speaker not being able to keep up with all of it at once. Definitely flattens out during bass too. Kind of underwhelming.

I listen to music and video at max volume without any distortion at all, but I've noticed that when I use navigation the voice for turn by turn directions gets distorted at high volumes.

I notice some distortion at max volume

I wanted to update the few of you who have replied to me. I recently spilled Pepsi on my Turbo while playing Destiny [Insert Pun Here] which ruined my speaker. Everything at any volume was really static filled and annoying. I used my Insurance and got a brand new phone which has no static at all no matter the volume level. I turned on some Electronic music, Linkin Park, Hollywood Undead, etc. and couldn't get static to appear.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

I wanted to update the few of you who have replied to me. I recently spilled Pepsi on my Turbo while playing Destiny [Insert Pun Here] which ruined my speaker. Everything at any volume was really static filled and annoying. I used my Insurance and got a brand new phone which has no static at all no matter the volume level. I turned on some Electronic music, Linkin Park, Hollywood Undead, etc. and couldn't get static to appear.

Ehhh, I figured this would happen. Seems like the first run of Turbos had a lot of issues. But I don't really want to turn it in for a refurb that who knows might have what issue pop up later on. I don't have insurance so I'll be stuck with refurbs. Maybe in a few months if the static gets really bad I will. I don't use the speaker too much so it's not so bad for me.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Ehhh, I figured this would happen. Seems like the first run of Turbos had a lot of issues. But I don't really want to turn it in for a refurb that who knows might have what issue pop up later on. I don't have insurance so I'll be stuck with refurbs. Maybe in a few months if the static gets really bad I will. I don't use the speaker too much so it's not so bad for me.
The static was minimal but I knew my sisters MG Turbo sounded better than mine. I just didn't realize it until I had to use Insurance due to my oopsie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX