32G or 64G?

stingrayracing

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had the ballistic nylon 32G Turbo for a week now and really love the phone. Now that I have used it I wonder if I should exchange it for the 64G. With the larger file sizes for the photos and videos I wonder if they will eat up the 32G pretty fast. Are you getting the 32G or 64G and why? Any thoughts?

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same dilemma. Went back and forth between the two but finally settled on the 64. In the end, I didn't want to regret not having enough storage.

Good luck with your decision.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have had several 32gb phones over the years. I always found myself getting close the the limit. I chose the 64 myself just to make sure I have plenty of space. Might as well for only a few dollars more in my opinion.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
with the size of the high quality apps this thing can run and the size of photos, it is definitely worth the extra 50 bucks for 64gb. Plus you get that sexy red line under the droid logo ;)

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Had a 64gb turbo and traded it for the 32gb bn one. Never have come close to even using 16gb so I'll be all set. Plus I like it better without the red.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
For the fifty buck difference it has to be the 64gb version. You'll make the money back when you sell it for the next device. :D

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
For the fifty buck difference it has to be the 64gb version. You'll make the money back when you sell it for the next device. :D

I'll politely disagree. I find when you look at postings on craigslist, people are shopping by price and I don't think you even come close to getting back much of the $50, or even any of it. However, for a 1 or 2 year phone the $50 is not a deal breaker.

I think many here were spot on. Look at your past usage. For me I never ended up even close to needing my previous 32's

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll politely disagree. I find when you look at postings on craigslist, people are shopping by price and I don't think you even come close to getting back much of the $50, or even any of it. However, for a 1 or 2 year phone the $50 is not a deal breaker.

I think many here were spot on. Look at your past usage. For me I never ended up even close to needing my previous 32's

Okay, maybe it fits better for people that switch devices frequently. I rarely keep a device longer than 6 months. I always get more money for a device with more than 16gb storage. In this case more money for a 64gb versus a 32gb.

Check out Swappa.

Posted via Turbo.

ZONGMAN

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Go big or go home. I always liked having the latest n greatest of technology. Even if I didn't use up all the memory, I'd still get the 64gb, hell if there was a 1tb, I'd probably get that one lol

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I left the store with a 32 gig, going back to exchange for a 64. Dumb on my part. I wash on a hurry to get in and out. Didn't think it through at the time. Going to cost me a few dollars, but hope to be with it in the long run.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
32 here. I have never come close to using that much on any phone I have owned and if I do I can just move it on to the computer to make space.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Due to the specs of the camera and use in my job, I need mobile storage for high resolution pictures and videos so went with the 64GB. Even 'empty' of my stuff, it's still gobbling up nearly 15GB of that amount for just the phone and basic apps. That would be nearly half of the 32GB phone. I tend to buy and keep devices (had the last one for nearly a decade) so tend to buy with future needs in mind. Originally, I had looked at the Note4 because it had external storage options and an easily replaceable battery but decided on the Moto because of build quality and a slightly smaller footprint. For an additional 25% on contract, I felt the 64GB was a good investment.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
$50 really is a pittance to double your available storage whether you end up needing it or not. If the phone had a micro sd card slot, my answer would be different, but it doesn't.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What needs to be considered is the large MP camera, the 4k video capability, and the advancing app technology. All of those can lead to 25gbs drying up really quick. Even past usage may not dictate future needs. Sure, you can move pics and vids to your computer to clear space, but I'd rather not have to worry about the extra step.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I went with 32gb. Have never come close to hitting 32gb in the past, if I do come close I'll export and delete some photos and video.

Also I feel like I am the only person on all of AC that got a Black Metalized Glass Fiber Turbo... Sure the Nylon felt cool but I was worried I'd get sick of it plus I LOVE the way the MGF sticks to my hand and way it looks from different angles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11