Seidio holster available at Best Buy. Kind of.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I hope no one minds a new thread, but I thought this was deserving.

Stopped by BB. They have a Seidio holster and case for the LG G3. It's Branded as the PT Platinum for BB. The Turbo in a standard TPU/Silicone case fit perfect in the holster, though the side support section just barely overlapped in to the volume button.

And, if you don't mind some poor cosmetics after the needed cutting, the (kickstand) case that's included with it also works, even fits the camera flashes. - though you need dremmel out the volume button hole on the case (I used the cutoff wheel), as well as drill out the headphone jack hole. For those unaware, the case has 2 parts than slide together over the phone.The case doesn't interfere with the standard Verizon screen protector.

The hole you drill to access the volume rocker and power button are nearly flush with the Turbo so you need to widen up the hole a bit. Those who are handier than I am should be able to get this a bit cleaner

For 39.99 I'm very satisfied, even for just the holster.

Last edited:

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Verizon brand shell/holster case.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I know the VZ brand works fine for many, but if you haven't used the Seidio, trust me, the one handed, in/out function of the Seidio is like nothing you've seen before.

hunter3203

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I had one of their holsters for my prior Galaxy SIII. I was very disappointed to find that one wasn't available for my new Droid Turbo. I took the survey on their site asking that one be built. Who knows if they'll do it or not.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If anyone wants to Paypay me $15 I'll mail this right out to them, you'll have it in about 3 days.

This is the cheap $3 chinese case in the Best Buy G3 Seidio/Platinum holster. There's no phone in it, so would actually not have quite this much loose space. After you stretch it around the phone there'a still about 1mm of play all the way around. I put a small piece of tape or felt at the bottom and it then fit perfect. - what appears to be a blurry double image is just a shadow on the floor. Any TPU type case should fit perfect.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I have no problem one-handing the Turbo out of the Verizon holster, and it cost less and I didn't have to Dremel anything or buy a silicone case to make it function properly.