Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update

No other announcements other than the Turbo will get Lollipop.

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update

Seems like Moto is on it with their updates with the X. Hopefully, the Turbo isn't far behind

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
My Motorola sources tell me that it's guaranteed that we'll get it sometime between now and then.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Last year's Droids received KitKat in late December (well, before the update was pulled because it bricked some phones.) If I were you, I'd start looking for it to be here by Christmas, and hope for sooner. It seems that the OEMs had a headstart this year with Lollipop, so maybe it will be sooner. Motorola has a lot of carriers running the X that they'll probably update before they get to the Turbo.

TMAC3955

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I love my Droid Turbo. And I have faith in Motorola. If it were left up to them solely, the Turbo would get Lollipop lightning fast. Unfortunately, it's not just up to Motorola and while I understand Verizon wants to make sure that 5.0 is as bug free as possible by the time it rolls out, I just don't have a lot of faith that Big Red will be terribly proactive. I hate to be a cynic but if Verizon rolls out Lollipop to the Turbo much before December 31st, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it's not until next year, I'll be disappointed but not the least bit shocked.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I world rather have the "promised" update to allow voice and data at the same time before L unless they are one in the same.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I love my Droid Turbo. And I have faith in Motorola. If it were left up to them solely, the Turbo would get Lollipop lightning fast. Unfortunately, it's not just up to Motorola and while I understand Verizon wants to make sure that 5.0 is as bug free as possible by the time it rolls out, I just don't have a lot of faith that Big Red will be terribly proactive. I hate to be a cynic but if Verizon rolls out Lollipop to the Turbo much before December 31st, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it's not until next year, I'll be disappointed but not the least bit shocked.

2009 called, it wants it's Verizon complaints back

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

Status
Not open for further replies.