Droid Turbo: Bluetooth Tip

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has run into a problem syncing their phone with their car (maybe other devices too), but I had a hell of a time getting mine to sync with my Subaru and my wife's Lexus. The phone and cars could see each other, but the phone never gave me the option to enter the PIN/passkey so the cars would reject the connection. I searched all over this and other forums for a solution and couldn't find anything that worked. Verizon tech support was, of course, no help either. I finally found a thread on the Google Android developer page where people were discussing a similar problem with their Galaxy S4/S5 phones after updating to 4.4.2 and 4.4.4. It turns out all I had to do was set the passkey in both cars to 0000 (Subaru default was 1234 and Lexus was 1111) and it worked first time.

I'm still not sure why the phone doesn't give me the pop-up to enter the passkey when pairing. Hopefully, that will get sorted out with the pending Lollipop update because I imagine there are some devices that won't let you change the passkey.

Just thought I'd pass this along to save others the same headaches.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine synced fine with my '15 Outback. Have you had any issues with people telling you that you sound choppy?

Scott8881

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
pihutch, I had the same problem and finally Subaru figured out what the problem was. However, now the phone won't automatically pair with the car. I have to open bluetooth and select the car multimedia to get it to connect. Are you having the same issue?

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any sound quality issues with my '12 Outback and everything seems to be working fine since I changed the BT passkey in the radio.

Scott, I did have that same problem with it not auto-pairing. I ended up having to unpair my wife's Lexus so that the only paired device listed on the phone is my Outback and haven't had any problems with it auto-pairing since then. I don't drive my wife's car that often so it's not a big deal for me and when I do, she is usually with me so we just use her Turbo to stream music.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, those that have issues with auto pairing have had better luck using the voice commands in the car to pair the Bluetooth instead of just using the phone menu button.