Turbo's Wifi won't stay off

RT6

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing that after turning off the wifi, you'll start getting notifications about networks in the area, or find it reconnected to a frequently used network that you don't want to connect to at that time?

I've turned off any automatic actions I can find that would kick the wifi back on. Anyone have a clue what I could be missing?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings / wifi. Tap the menu control bottom right, then advanced. Try turning off "scanning always available". See if that helps. (That setting is to allow location services to use wifi to triangulate location even if it's not connected, so when you turn the radio off, location services turns it back on to see if it can find any known wifi locations.)

RT6

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I turned that off yesterday when I found it prompting connections while I was out and about. I checked for the moto actions, but couldn't find anything that would be reconnecting me automatically.

I disabled the wifi when i left my house this morning, and twice today have found it reconnected to my work's guest wifi account.

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the SkipLock app and it will automatically turn on my WiFi for trusted networks. Are you using anything like that or Tasker for automation?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781