Phone freezes after charging over night?

Joel Hendrix

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Phone was working great the first week I had it, then last Tuesday morning (11/11) my alarm didn't go off. The screen would turn on if I waved my hand in front of it or touched it however I couldn't unlock the phone as I could not drag the padlock icon, and when I pressed the power button the phone became completely unresponsive and I had to reboot it. Anybody else experience this? It happens almost every night except when the phone isn't charging however I haven't tried this enough times to be sure it's the root cause.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the screen misbehave any time it's plugged in and charging, or just overnight? If that happens any time it's charging, I wonder if there might be a shielding issue. Electrical current from charging can create an electromagnetic field that, if not properly shielded internally, can interfere with the touchscreen function. I notice this to a small degree when my Nexus 5 is on a wireless charger--the touchscreen response is slightly decreased.

If that's the case for your phone, then it's likely defective, and I'd bring it back to Verizon for an exchange.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Phone was working great the first week I had it, then last Tuesday morning (11/11) my alarm didn't go off. The screen would turn on if I waved my hand in front of it or touched it however I couldn't unlock the phone as I could not drag the padlock icon, and when I pressed the power button the phone became completely unresponsive and I had to reboot it. Anybody else experience this? It happens almost every night except when the phone isn't charging however I haven't tried this enough times to be sure it's the root cause.

Dude.. Call Verizon CS and get a replacement. Its definitely not normal

Posted via the Android Central App