Tylt Vu Qi Charging Stand vs. Verizon Qi Charging Stand?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Since the Droid Turbo comes with wireless Qi charging and since there will be four Turbos in the household, I'm looking at wireless chargers. I've narrowed it down to two models, the Tylt Vu and the Verizon model.

Tylt-Vu-Charger.jpg
The Tylt Vu gets good reviews, costs $59.99, and has a pleasing modernistic look to it. Comes in four colors. Seems to have a larger footprint than the Verizon model. Holds the phone at a 45 degree angle. I don't see any LED charge status light in the photos I've seen, but says it has a light in the description. Where is it? Is it noticeable (detracting) at night? Doesn't say how long the cord is, anybody know? Any other comments or info would be appreciated.

Verizon-Charger.jpg
The Verizon Wireless charging stand also costs $59.99. It has a more utilitarian look to it and includes a VERIZON logo (which wouldn't be seen with a phone in place.) Comes in black/red. Has a smaller footprint than the Tylt Vu and holds the phone at a steeper angle. It looks like the red accent border is a rubberized no-slip feature. I don't see an LED charge light indicator on this one either, but I've read it has one. Doesn't say how long the cord is, anybody know? Any other comments or info would be appreciated.

So which one do you think you'd like? I like the looks of the Tylt Vu, but I like the steeper angle and smaller footprint on the Verizon model.

If you own one of these, please join in the conversation.

Attachments

• Tylt-Vu-Charger.jpg
    Tylt-Vu-Charger.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 300

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Style wise I like the Verizon charger better. It has a better angle and the footprint makes more sense. Operationally the TYLT has multiple (3) chargers in it so can charge more devices and in portrait or landscape modes. I don't know if the Verizon charger can do that. Overall I usually select items based on operational use then style. I've decided to wait a bit and see if anything better comes along.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the tylt VU. the charging light in under the lip, near where the tylt rests on the table. It is not very bright, and is not an issue at night. cord looks to be about 36" long.

I have two Vu's now for about 2 years. They are fine.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Bought a Tylt charge pad for both of my Droid Turbos. Both work exceptionally and I have absolutely no complaints Its easy to drop the phone on even in my dark office and have never had an issue with it not finding the right connection.

I'm sure they are both solid though.. but I love the Tylt Qi Wireless Charger.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not to mess you up, but I know someone who has this one and she digs it. It's got a light on the front that's green when no phone is charging and it's blue when charging. It's only $44 on Amazon Prime. I haven't read the reviews though. I'm using my LG QI pad and it works great, so I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

31AoMhKfPbL.jpg

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Not to mess you up, but I know someone who has this one and she digs it. It's got a light on the front that's green when no phone is charging and it's blue when charging. It's only $44 on Amazon Prime. I haven't read the reviews though. I'm using my LG QI pad and it works great, so I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

View attachment 149177

That unit looks suspiciously like the Verizon model, with a different skin. Hmmm...I wonder if Verizon is private labeling this model? Thanks for posting this.

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought the tylt vue for my DNA and now user it on the turbo. It works great. On the DNA users said it worked through all of their cases.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 149177

Found this, which really looks like the Qi-Infinity stand:

Keedox-Charger.jpg

Reviews of the Qi-Infinity stand says that the Nexus 7 (2013) will only charge if naked and placed in landscape. As a Nexus 7 (2013) owner, that's a deal breaker for me.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 149177

I have mine (the Tylt charger) sitting next to my bed. It works well and I have no complaints, although I wonder if I might prefer the more upright angle of this or the Verizon charger. Because its next to my bed though, I don't want any lights showing on the charger. It charges overnight so I don't need to know when its fully charged.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon stand and really like it. You can charge in portrait or landscape. It also has a very long cord....6 feet long.

Last edited:

Sean Cogan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
One interesting thing about the Verizon charger.... I use the Daydream clock as my bedside clock, set to activate when either charging or docked. When the phone is fully charged, the charger shuts down and the clock shuts off because the phone no longer detects that it is charging or docked. The phone goes to sleep at that point and no clock.....only a blank screen.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01