why oh why oh why

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
WHY is it a phone comes out and it looks great all the best fancy Dan tech then one aspect let's it down. It would seem the turbo is a great all-round phone BUT the camera seems a let down on speed. WHY?????? . there's lots of decent cameras out there it doesn't have to be huge megapixel just a decent camera. Will the issue be able to be fixed via update and if so what is the chance of this happening.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Because there is, there never was, and there never will be a perfect device. There are plenty of apps in the Play store to get the most out of the camera you have. All with compromise

JMHO

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's the good news: I think the camera problems are fixable. In 6 months I bet we'll have forgotten how problematic it was.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Its not about perfection, more less of a compromise when there are better options .

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with all bring said here. There will never be a perfect phone, however, I do agree with the op in that the camera is a silly area not to perform well. Just about every flagship have had a very good camera for years now. Doesn't seem like it would have been be hard to implement.

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think this phone was essentially built for android L, and am cautiously optimistic that issue will be fixed and the entire experience of using the phone will be just a little sweeter.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I think this phone was essentially built for android L, and am cautiously optimistic that issue will be fixed and the entire experience of using the phone will be just a little sweeter.

"Cautiously optimistic" is a good phrase. As the owner of a couple of Moto phones over the years, all with less than stellar cameras, the promise of a software update fixing the camera has been just that--a promise. The camera software updates in the past have done little to fix the problems.

This time around it seems the camera sensor is a capable piece of hardware, don't know why they can't put out capable software to take advantage of it.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Then they should have delayed the launch a couple of weeks and launched with Lollipop on board!

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Then they should have delayed the launch a couple of weeks and launched with Lollipop on board!
In a perfect world yes. But in the one we live in its all about competition and with the new iPhone and nexus coming out they didn't want to wait. It would have been delayed a couple months not weeks.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am mostly ok with the camera. OIS would have been nice but I have taken some nice pics with the phone. My gripe is that the camera always takes darker photos. Even outdoors where there is plenty of light. Not really sure why but my Droid maxx did the same thing.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that is the case otherwise they would not have included the capacitive buttons.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that is the case otherwise they would not have included the capacitive buttons.

All of the Motorola Droid series, except for the RAZR/Maxx HD series had capacitive buttons, including last year's Droid that came after the HDs. It's most likely a Verizon thing.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
"Cautiously optimistic" is a good phrase. As the owner of a couple of Moto phones over the years, all with less than stellar cameras, the promise of a software update fixing the camera has been just that--a promise. The camera software updates in the past have done little to fix the problems.

This time around it seems the camera sensor is a capable piece of hardware, don't know why they can't put out capable software to take advantage of it.

As the owner of a Moto X, I couldn't agree more. It's no secret the X has a just okay camera, and even though a software update helped a tad with the 2013 X, I'm certainly not expecting anything more with my 2014 X. Moto just doesn't seem to excel in the camera department, and it's a mystery to me why they continue to produce phones with such average camera abilities, when they do other things so well.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
All of the Motorola Droid series, except for the RAZR/Maxx HD series had capacitive buttons, including last year's Droid that came after the HDs. It's most likely a Verizon thing.

I think they were pointing out that the capacitive buttons are the Kit Kat style & that if the phone was designed with Lollipop in mind, then the buttons would be in the new style.

Sent from my Moto X

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think they were pointing out that the capacitive buttons are the Kit Kat style & that if the phone was designed with Lollipop in mind, then the buttons would be in the new style.

Sent from my Moto X

Maybe, but then everyone would wonder why the buttons look different when it's still on KK. No one has ever accused Verizon of being ahead of their time. I am curious to see if the Moto Maxx will have on screen or capacitive buttons. Motorola seems to prefer on screen on their own devices (Moto X) but considering the Turbo and Moto Maxx are essentially the same phone with different bands, they might stick with capacitive rather than re-engineering it for on screen buttons which could drive up the cost.

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Heard it all before. Did you want a screaming fast camera or a screaming fast phone? I really don't see a big problem with the camera...but I'm not trying to earn a living as a photographer. I do use my phone for business and it needs to be fast and reliable!

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought the camera was fast enough. How fast does it need to be? We've become so impatient with technology. I remember when my dedicated digital camera about six years ago took about 3 seconds to focus and shoot and that was considered pretty good.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems with this camera. It takes great pictures. The Galaxy Nexus had a camera with "zero shutter lag" and you could snap pics as far as you could tap the screen. But they looked like @$$. I'll take "a tad slow" and beautiful over "super fast but unpresentable" any day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs