too hot to hold! help

Colleen J

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with heat. Super hot when charging. Heat when using internet, some games. Really? To the point it is uncomfortable. Two days old.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Any apps showing up in the top of the battery use list? My phone only gets hot with a rogue app doing stupid stuff.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You're two days into ownership, just exchange it for a new one. My phone gets warm here and there, especially when turbo charging. Noticed it get warm watching a few YouTube videos in a row on 4G as well. However, not uncomfortable warm at all. You can download battery apps (like Gsam Battery Monitor) that will give you a temp reading of the battery. But, again, I say just exchange it.

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
5uoiyt.jpg

So ******* hot. It gets up to 110 sometimes. I'm not using any app differently than I would have on my maxx HD.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
104 degrees F is normal, 104 degrees C is "get a new battery" time, since you're frying this one. (And it won't be more than noticeably warmer than the cooler parts of the phone.) If it's getting too hot to hold, something's wrong. With a new phone, that's the manufacturer's worry, not the customer's. Never waste time fixing what gets replaced for free.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have seen mine go to 109 while using the turbo charger. But I only use the turbo charger once in awhile if needed. And I had to use a different mount for my car. Heat vent was blowing on it.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
"Too hot to handle, too cold to hold..."

If you know the rest of this song, then you might be old (like me)
:p

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold. They're called the Ghostbusters and they're in control.

Bobby Brown, On Our Own, Ghostbusters 2. Yeah, I had the cassette single. I'm old, but not ancient ;)

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Not surprising that the phone would get hotter charging with the turbo charger. It has a variable voltage output from 5v to 12v at as much as 1.6 A. Ever touch a 15w lightbulb? They get pretty warm. The 12v output is rated at 1.2A...that's 14.4w..

Posted via the Android Central App

Pirate Dave

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Try using CM Battery Doctor. Sounds like all this silly apps are raising your battery temp for you changing phones not the answer. Barry doctor will tell you and fix those apps from running all the time you do the rest. I hope this helps. Remember to never let a app run at start up this is a very big mistake and quite common.

DroidTurbo1

Banned
Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not surprising that the phone would get hotter charging with the turbo charger. It has a variable voltage output from 5v to 12v at as much as 1.6 A. Ever touch a 15w lightbulb? They get pretty warm. The 12v output is rated at 1.2A...that's 14.4w..

Posted via the Android Central App

True. That 15w light bulb would feel even hotter with a 5.2" QHD screen and 2.7GHz quad core processor attached to it and drawing current at the same time :p

NameNotFound

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed my phone getting hot after a while of playing games, but that's been something that I'm used to since the Razr Maxx.

I'll also add in that it does get really warm when using the turbo charger compared to a normal charger.