VoLTE coming but not to the Turbo?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It can text while on a call. All verizon phones have done that since the razr. The original flip razr, not the droid razr.

It's data it can't do while on a call. Text goes via cellular, not data.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It can text while on a call. All verizon phones have done that since the razr. The original flip razr, not the droid razr.

It's data it can't do while on a call. Text goes via cellular, not data. It's coming to the turbo, just hasn't been announced when.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

It's data it can't do while on a call. Text goes via cellular, not data.

Really? Is it a handcent problem? When I'm I a call I get a message that says "mobile data is unavailable while on this call"

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Really? Is it a handcent problem? When I'm I a call I get a message that says "mobile data is unavailable while on this call"

You CAN get SMS currently when on a call. Until VoLTE I believe you CANNOT get MMS.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
You CAN get SMS currently when on a call. Until VoLTE I believe you CANNOT get MMS.

Then it's just me. Because every time someone tries to send me a text I get some data error message. And I just made a phone call and tried opening up handcent and it wouldn't even let me open it to try to send a message

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Then it's just me. Because every time someone tries to send me a text I get some data error message. And I just made a phone call and tried opening up handcent and it wouldn't even let me open it to try to send a message

I'm using the Verizon messages (god I hate to promote Verizon bloat) that came default. Maybe give that a try, and if it does work and you still want to use handcent mess around with the settings?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you haven't considered Handcent to send using their network over data?

Try a different app, see if it works (I dropped Handcent recently for Evolve -- much better app).

Also, why does your title say its not coming to the turbo? That article doesn't even imply that. Or do you just mean "not coming to the turbo FIRST"?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Yup. Tried the stock messaging app. I still get the message that I am unable to use mobile data when trying to send a text while on a phone call.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I meant. I was hoping for a universal Verizon roll out

Verizon has been rolling out phone by phone and I suspect will continue to do so, mostly because it makes it easier for their support staff when the calls inevitably roll in, and in order to manage it with more control. The Moto X has been without voice/data for a lot longer now.

It is bizarre, though, that they shipped the phone without it. It's their brand phone - you'd think that they would push it out with the launch. Especially when the iPhone 6 came with the feature several weeks earlier...

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Are you effin' kidding me? I can wait for Lollipoop (yes, that's what I meant to type), But I am am so tired of not being able to send/receive a text or pic while on a call. - Yes, I knew that going in but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Verizon Moto X (2nd Generation) Will Allegedly Recieve VoLTE and Lollipop In One Major Update | Androidheadlines.com

So you knew like the rest of us that VoLTE was coming within 90 days of release yet you complain. Maybe you should have waited . If you really want VoLTE buy my slightly used S5 it has VoLTE already . :D:D

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So you knew like the rest of us that VoLTE was coming within 90 days of release yet you complain. Maybe you should have waited . If you really want VoLTE buy my slightly used S5 it has VoLTE already . :D:D

Is there a setting or an option to turn off the VOLTE if someone chooses? Specifically on the S5. Just curious. Thanks.