Can I take the sim out of my Maxx and put it in the turbo?

arandomgecko

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I need some help. I ordered the turbo off contract and I currently have the maxx. Can I just take the sim out of the maxx and put it in the turbo, and it work from there? My brother says I will have to pay an early termination fee to switch phones. I don't know if thats true or not and I need some help. Do I really have to pay an expensive fee to switch phones or can I just have them activate the turbo for me instead of the maxx. I'm confused on what I have to do.

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If you are on a standard 2-yr contract with the Maxx, you will likely have to pay early termination. If you own the Turbo off-contract, you can swap the simm cards and the phone will work fine. Verizon may not care as long as you continue to pay the contract price for the Maxx.

Posted via the Android Central App

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Actually, the more I think about it, Verizon don't care about what phone you are using. They just care about your contract obligation. The simm cards are definitely interchangeable. I swapped mine from my Maxx, activated the new simm in my Maxx and gave it to my girlfriend to replace the RAZR I gave her a year ago. Going to keep the RAZR as a backup phone and turn in my Droid X for the $100 gift card.

Posted via the Android Central App

Quake2k7

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
No worries...You can simply take the SIM out of the MAXX and use it in the Turbo. Verizon absolutely positively does not care what phone you put on your account. Going a step further.. I have 2 lines on the Edge agreement and neither line has the original Edge phone that I purchased for the line.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the more I think about it, Verizon don't care about what phone you are using.

Well, they care in the sense that you can only swap SIMs into another Verizon Wireless postpaid phone. You can't take a phone that was bought from another carrier and swap the SIM in.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
ONLY if you buy the nexus 6 from Verizon. Vzw won't activate an unlocked nexus 6 even though it has cdma radios.
I'm not sure thats correct. I have bought my last two Samsung phones from Samsung and two out of three Motorola phones from Motorola and Verizon treats them all the same. As long as its a Verizon branded phone it does not have to come from Verizon.
I know the Play Store, Samsung, Motorola, Amazon and many others sell phones that are Verizon branded and all work fine with Verizon as the service provider. If you by a Nexus 6 thats Verizon Branded from the Play Store you will be fine.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I need some help. I ordered the turbo off contract and I currently have the maxx. Can I just take the sim out of the maxx and put it in the turbo, and it work from there? My brother says I will have to pay an early termination fee to switch phones. I don't know if thats true or not and I need some help. Do I really have to pay an expensive fee to switch phones or can I just have them activate the turbo for me instead of the maxx. I'm confused on what I have to do.

You will be fine -- You can swap all day.

Verizon doesn't contract the phone ... they contract your line. As long as your line is active & payed for they don't care what phone you use (well as long as it is a Verizon phone but yeah...)