Volume vs. Notification vs. Media Sounds adjustment

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
This is the first phone I have owned that doesn't show the various sounds you can adjust when hitting the volume key or an easy way to change in pull down notification bar.

I am using Volume Ace Free to accomplish this now. Am I missing something?

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the first phone I have owns that doesn't show the various sounds you can adjust when hitting the volume key or an easy way to change in pull down notification bar.

I am using Volume Ace Free to accomplish this now. An I missing something?

How many taps/swipes are too many? Can't you pull the shade down, tap on Settings, tap on Sounds, tap on Volumes, and then adjust each one?

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... but I agree with the OP though, that's so tedious. On most phones when you raise/lower the volume, you can touch the little icon that shows up next to the bar and just change the notification/call/etc sound volume.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... but I agree with the OP though, that's so tedious. On most phones when you raise/lower the volume, you can touch the little icon that shows up next to the bar and just change the notification/call/etc sound volume.
+1. An elegant solution I was used to in my S3, and miss on my new Turbo. I'll perhaps try the Volume Control Widget that was recommended, but it looks a little busy. Would like something more utilitarian.

Edit: This may be closer to what I want: Volume Control Plus https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.firestorm.vc&token=-GQbj4dG

Simpler Interface
VolCtrlP.png

djjaeger82

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
All I've ever wanted on my last few phones was the option to lock all 4 volume sliders together so that when I use the volume rocker they all go up or down together!

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
How many taps/swipes are too many? Can't you pull the shade down, tap on Settings, tap on Sounds, tap on Volumes, and then adjust each one?
IMHO it is way too many steps to access and change volume so inherently used on more than a daily basis

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
IMHO it is way too many steps to access and change volume so inherently used on more than a daily basis

I use Ace Volume Free. Sorry no link to Google Play

TurboCommander

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Here's an app for that might help if you don't mind it not being tied to your volume buttons (I assume it isn't). Linked Volume Control https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...notquiteinsane.icsvolume&hl=en&token=sOFxaWLm

I'm using Linked Volume Control and added it to my Power Toggles notification bar.

1) Download and install Linked Volume Control
2) Open Power Toggles (you already use Power Toggles right? if not, I can't help you)
3) Tap Notification
4) Choose to customize either row
5) + Add Toggle
6) Choose the "APPS" tab
7) Select Linked Volume Control from the list
8) Optional: Tap Change Icon to change the icon to an Application icon that looks like a speaker so it would be more obviously the volume control rather than some app icon I was unfamiliar with.

Now just swipe down and use the slider or side volume rocker switch to adjust ringer and notification volumes at the same time.

The volume rocker on the side only works for both when the app is on screen so just get in the habbit of doing this every time you adjust the volume and you're all set.

If you want vibrate or silent, just keep going down below 1, essentially, 0 is vibrate and -1 is silent.