Will the Moto Maxx work on AT&T's LTE network?

wadephz

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The Moto Maxx has the bands: LTE 700 / 1700 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 (Bands 2, 3, 4, 7, 17)

Does somebody know whether this will work on AT&T's LTE?

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll let you know for sure next Tuesday. I've got one coming and that's what I'm planning to do. Tracking says it'll be here Tuesday the 2nd. I believe so but I've not seen anything that says positively. It should.

ChazzMatt

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Popular question. Been asked many times. For LTE, AT&T currently uses LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 17, while the Moto Maxx has LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 7, 17. Only lacking band 5, which is not used in every market.

I'll let you know for sure next Tuesday. I've got one coming and that's what I'm planning to do. Tracking says it'll be here Tuesday the 2nd. I believe so but I've not seen anything that says positively. It should.

Where/how did you buy it? I'm trying to find one also.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
EBay. Brazil model. I had the Verizon model for awhile on Att and it worked but LTE and a signal in general was pretty spotty. But I loved the phone. Great battery, perfect size for me, and really like the moto assist stuff. And I really like ballistic nylon. So I spent too much for a phone... I think band 17 is the biggie for AT&T I'm most places. I will definitely get back on here Tuesday and let you guys know because I wanted to know really bad myself!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Just brought a Moto Maxx....will let everyone know when it comes in and what my thoughts are.....only concern is when will it get 5.01

Posted via the Android Central App

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
The cheapest I've found the Moto Maxx for on eBay is $765. Did you guys find it somewhere cheaper? I got a Droid Turbo 64gb for $700 after tax and it works fine. Wondering if there's a better deal out there...

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought it from a guy in Brazil. And paid too much. Just had to have it. I'm not very smart sometimes!

Same here....but isn't it worth it.

Since it as a Motorola sans droid branding I am assuming it is more like a Moto X Pure on steriods, at least that is what I am hoping!!!!

No Droid apps
No VZW Bloat
More Google less VZW
Plus I am on AT&T and if I am under the belief that the Maxx will be better on the AT&T network...my latest tracking update has the Moto Maxx arriving on 12/24.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've bought many a phone for too much $$$ so I definitely understand. I would love to get rid of the bloat and crap that comes along with any VZW phone, that's why I was hoping someone may have a line on a deal other than paying $800.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Same here....but isn't it worth it.

Since it as a Motorola sans droid branding I am assuming it is more like a Moto X Pure on steriods, at least that is what I am hoping!!!!

No Droid apps
No VZW Bloat
More Google less VZW
Plus I am on AT&T and if I am under the belief that the Maxx will be better on the AT&T network...my latest tracking update has the Moto Maxx arriving on 12/24.
"Worth it" is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. I think it was. I love everything about this device. I do wish the camera was a little better in less than ideal lighting. OIS probably would have helped.
I love the moto actions and voice things. Always listening just doesn't seem to work on other phones. On the Moto, it works for me every time. If you're looking for a phone with great specs, no bloat and great battery life, this is it.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
"Worth it" is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. I think it was. I love everything about this device. I do wish the camera was a little better in less than ideal lighting. OIS probably would have helped.
I love the moto actions and voice things. Always listening just doesn't seem to work on other phones. On the Moto, it works for me every time. If you're looking for a phone with great specs, no bloat and great battery life, this is it.

I can not wait to get the Maxx in hand. Imagine how nice Lollipop is going to be on this device.....

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow talk about fast shipping....it is suppose to be here today, originally it was expecting to arrive Dec 24th.

Posted via the Android Central App

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So far so good, got the phone, put in my sim and started it up.....put it in a LifeProof case and installing and updating all of my apps. more to come.