Why does my phone battery drain so fast with Pebble and/or Android Wear?

djlaz18

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Phone Battery Drain with Pebble and/or Android Wear

Hello - I have a Droid Turbo, which I have used with both the Pebble and the LG G Watch (separately; Pebble app installed, removed, then Android Wear app installed then removed). My battery life has been fantastic (no problem getting through the day with up to 8.5 hours of screen on time). However, when I've installed Pebble and G watch (separately running each time) my battery drains considerably when the Pebble and/or Android Wear apps are installed - even if the watches are disconnected.

The problem is only fixed when I delete the Pebble and Android Wear apps. Neither app is referenced when I check the battery settings (though, even when the watches are disconnected, both the Pebble app and the Android Wear app is listed as running). I also did not notice any difference in any of the other battery settings.

I suspect this is some type of Bluetooth issue - any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone Battery Drain with Pebble and/or Android Wear

Welcome to Android Central! I have a Pebble, but no Android Wear device. My Nexus 5 runs fine with the Pebble app. Are you updated to the most current version (2.1.1)?

Since you're having the same issue with both Pebble and Android Wear, though, you may be right--it might be an issue with Bluetooth and smartwatches on the Turbo.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

i have both the G Watch and the Pebble. The first day I had the Turbo I had the G Watch connected, and my battery drained heavy, but I attributed that to new phone and all the app installs and updates, etc.

For the past few days I have had my Gear 2 connected to my work phone, and nothing connected to the Turbo. I do still have the apps for Pebble and Android Wear on the Turbo and my battery life has been great. Tomorrow I'll try wearing the G Watch and using the Turbo to see if I notice a dramatic battery drain

djlaz18

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the replies - Had Android Wear been connected to your G watch already? When I just downloaded the app (prior to connection), there were no issues. It was only when I connected the G Watch, then disconnected the G Watch that my battery started draining (I did a cache wipe subsequently as well, but still seem to have the same additional draining issue).

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I added Android Wear and connected the LG G Watch on day 1.

I have it connected now, and there does seem to be more of a tax on the battery, but nothing major necessarily

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles