Uh-Oh. A Reported Screen Scratch

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife texted me today and said she noticed a 'big' scratch on her screen. I asked her if her fingernail gets caught in it, and she confirmed that it does. Will inspect and post pictures when she gets home.

Just not too sure what could have caused it. Both of our phones are naked (mine is still in mint condition). We don't live near a beach and she hasn't dropped her phone at all, so environmental factors are pretty negligible. My guess is one of her rings with diamonds may have accidentally rubbed the screen (though she doesn't recall that happening since the stone-sides of her rings don't touch the phone). Other than that, no idea what it could have been.

Again, will inspect and post pics later. Hoping it's more of a heavy scuff that can be rubbed out. I actually had one on my phone a week or so ago. Thought it was a scratch (felt like it) but ended up just being a streak of something which came off with a little screen cleaner and elbow grease.

I'm thinking that, based on how she treats her phones, she may have to go the way of a case and screen protector.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I understand sand is everywhere, but we live atop the Georgia clay, so sand scratching the phone is not a high probability. Yes, it could have been, but I'm willing to bet there was another cause, it it is a scratch at all.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
This may be completely off topic, but I can't help commenting on the generalization of that guys take care of their toys better than women do.

Posted via the Android Central App

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
If she puts it in her purse or tote bag or briefcase, anything could have scratched it. For my new phone I got a cover with a flap just for that reason.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This may be completely off topic, but I can't help commenting on the generalization of that guys take care of their toys better than women do.

No one made that generalization. He commented on how his wife treats her phone. That's the least general scenario for a person to talk about another person.

Now about that sand. It seems to just be the go-to thing for people to blame a scratched screen on. no matter where you live and what you do, if you come to a phone website with a scratched screen, 100% of the time, sand will be blamed.

I say its pocket goblins.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Its a nasty scratch. She isn't sure how it happened, but best guess when is sometime this morning on her way to work. I founds lots of other small surface scratches too, but this one takes the cake. Never seen one so bad without being dragged on cement.

Attachments

• 1417563918016.jpg
    1417563918016.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 77

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

So did you read the same post as the rest of us ? Where did the OP say that men take care of their phones better than women ? Maybe you should keep complaining about not being able to Do Voice and data at the same time . :p

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Its a nasty scratch. She isn't sure how it happened, but best guess when is sometime this morning on her way to work. I founds lots of other small surface scratches too, but this one takes the cake. Never seen one so bad without being dragged on cement.

Ouch

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
So did you read the same post as the rest of us ? Where did the OP say that men take care of their phones better than women ? Maybe you should keep complaining about not being able to Do Voice and data at the same time . :p

I'M making that generalization. Oh, and by the way, I wish someone told me that I can't do voice and data at the same time.:p And thanks for caring so much that you track my posts. If I knew it was so easy to get your goat I would have tried earlier:D

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'M making that generalization. Oh, and by the way, I wish someone told me that I can't do voice and data at the same time.:p And thanks for caring so much that you track my posts. If I knew it was so easy to get your goat I would have tried earlier:D

Let's just blame Sprint for the scratch. I'm sure they are responsible some how.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
First, try using one of the screen protectors (not a glass one). Maybe it will cover some of the scratch.

Don't forget the Turbo comes with a 2 year screen replacement warranty. I would wait till it gets much worse and more time then use the warranty.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Its my wife's phone, not mine. I would not be pleased though. She said she can live with it for now. And to get the screen replacement, pretty sure the screen would need to actually be broken.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's a nasty scratch! I am afraid to put my phone in my pockets due to micro scratches but this would drive me insane. I didn't want a screen protector on my Turbo so I'm not using a belt pouch. Not my favorite way to carry a device but I'm very OCD.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just take it back and get something else if it's a big concern. You have 14 days....

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
If she drops her phone in her purse, anything in there could have scratched it - keys, zippers, pen points, coins, etc.