What is Your Go-To Weather/Clock Home Screen Widget?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
While I like the functionality of the Moto Command Center it doesn't fit my phone's theme very well. I am using Nova Launcher with UP icon pack. I'm looking for something different. What do you use for a home screen weather/clock/battery (if included) widget?

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
One More Clock Widget comes with a bunch of themes, many of them in light and dark versions. One of them (pictured) looks a lot like an earlier version of Command Center. You can customize "tap to display" areas in the widget to launch the app of your choice. There are 8 available zones in the one pictured , so its pretty flexible. I've been using this app since the Droid Bionic days, and I still think its the best.

OMCW.jpg

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just use the timely widget, no weather except through the google news and weather app.

15914.jpg

Here's a cropped image of it. Don't want this to turn into a layout thread 😉

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Simple clock for a, ummm, simple clock. Weather Underground for weather. It puts current temperature and conditions in the status bar. Pull down for full forecast and radar. It's awesome.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am using the new Command Center widget. It works!
38fba3f76e62ebc9620b16f9bc774562.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Please excuse the dumb question, but why do you need a giant clock widget when the time is displayed in the notification bar? That's why I never use a clock widget. I just use a weather widget, the one that came with NOAA Weather, and the S2 Calendar widget that calls up the ACalendar+ app..

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
most likely because people want to see it bigger since the clock in the notification bar is pretty small.

i just decided to stay with the stock command center after playing around with other widgets.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Please excuse the dumb question, but why do you need a giant clock widget when the time is displayed in the notification bar? That's why I never use a clock widget.

Because with a larger clock widget you can pull the phone part way out of your pocket and easily see the time. Same thing when the phone is lying on a table or desk. Wave of the hand and you've got the time. I don't have the notification bar visible on my home screen. I think it looks much cleaner without it.

Since I'm the OP, here's my current home screen. That is my homemade ballistic nylon wallpaper, the stock digital clock widget, the Weather Bug widget, and UP icon pack. There are multiple more icons underneath the email, camera, phone, and Google icon.

HomeScreen_lores_021815.jpg

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-01-04-19-53-58.jpg
I really need the "Big Ole Clock", because it's a very quick glance for me to get the time, and my sight isn't what it used to be -- no way can I relay on the time in the notification bar. I use Beautiful Widgets due to the amount of customization. In my case, the time, weather, and battery are immediately viewable. All icons are context sensitive. The do not disturb button is very convenient at the theater.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Zooper widget I got from someone on G+, which I modified to include battery percentage (which goes to battery stats when tapped).

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-07-22-24-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-07-22-24-16.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 261

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 163889
I really need the "Big Ole Clock", because it's a very quick glance for me to get the time, and my sight isn't what it used to be -- no way can I relay on the time in the notification bar. I use Beautiful Widgets due to the amount of customization. In my case, the time, weather, and battery are immediately viewable. All icons are context sensitive. The do not disturb button is very convenient at the theater.

Your creation is exactly the way I'd prefer mine to look. Would you mind terribly telling me what you chose to make yours look like that? Like perhaps walk me through it, steps to follow to end up with one identical? I'd be much appreciative! Thanks much!

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Your creation is exactly the way I'd prefer mine to look. Would you mind terribly telling me what you chose to make yours look like that? Like perhaps walk me through it, steps to follow to end up with one identical? I'd be much appreciative! Thanks much!
I'll be happy too, but it will be this evening due to time constraints.