Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo How do I restore the Gmail counter with Launcher3?

RHS

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I had noticed that the Gmail app icon that is used with Launcher3 included a message counter that indicated how many unread messages there were. If you switched to the Google Now launcher, the icon didn't have this counter.
However, it seems to have disappeared now; probably with the latest Gmail update. Anyone else noticed that? Any way to restore it?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gmail counter with Launcher3

I had noticed that the Gmail app icon that is used with Launcher3 included a message counter that indicated how many unread messages there were. If you switched to the Google Now launcher, the icon didn't have this counter.
However, it seems to have disappeared now; probably with the latest Gmail update. Anyone else noticed that? Any way to restore it?
Here is a replacement in the Play Store: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ellevsoft.unreadgmailbadgefree&token=NwR-e53z

It'll allow you to enable an unread notification count on the app icon. Let us know if you have any other questions.

RHS

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gmail counter with Launcher3

I turned the phone off and back on and the counter was restored, so it's working again. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie