Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo RCS

ZONGMAN

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
What is it? Never seen it until VoLTE update.

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*

Attachments

• 7423.jpg
    7423.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 217

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed this the other day, draining big time and have never seen before. Ironically my phone quit ringing randomly so I've turned off advanced calling and working better...but still a pain.

Posted via the Android Central App

russelb

Sep 30, 2010
www.russlawaz.com
The last week or so RCS has been causing my phone to run hot and it is killing my battery. If anyone figures out the cause, or how to stop it, please post.

Screenshot_2016-04-21-23-19-48.jpg

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I held the power button down for about 8 seconds. That caused the phone to reboot and after about 2 minutes stuck on the start up screen it went through the "optimizing apps" process (took about 6-7 minutes). Then the phone went into the normal operational mode. I haven't seen the RCS Radio app using any battery, according to GSam battery monitor.

I did this about 24 hours ago. I charged my phone overnight. So far, so good.

Last edited:

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I never called vzw to initially start and use advanced calling. RCS was eating battery...I went to advanced calling and turned it off, which by the way I had never turned on...I haven't seen it in the battery use list since yesterday when I turned it off. Hth

DRoID TuRBo this...

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I held the power button down for about 8 seconds. That caused the phone to reboot and after about 2 minutes stuck on the start up screen it went through the "optimizing apps" process (took about 6-7 minutes). Then the phone went into the normal operational mode. I haven't seen the RCS Radio app using any battery, according to GSam battery monitor.

I did this about 24 hours ago. I charged my phone overnight. So far, so good.
I'm on day 2 since I rebooted the phone and not only is there no sign of RCS phone using battery but my battery life is vastly improved. I just passed 4 hours screen on time and battery is at 40%.

Also, the two biggest apps for battery draw, Android System and Kernel, which combined typically took 22%-25% of battery is now 'only' using 17%.

mbilek

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I had this exact problem on my DROID Turbo. I first called Verizon tech support. They had me to a factory reset -- no change. Then shipped me a new phone. I did a Google restore and same problem, RCS Phone services eating a ton of battery overnight and something keeping the CPU awake all night. Then got sent to Moto tech support by Verizon. Quickly escalated to Level III support. Had me factory reset with Automatic Restore turned off (it's a radio switch on the Backup & Restore page in settings.

That solved the problem.

I have been adding apps back slowly one or two a day and the problem has not returned.

Best Moto support can figure, one of the apps on the phone was conflicting with RCS Phone services and forcing the phone CPU to stay away ALL OF THE TIME.

I suggest you take a look at your battery use and tap the graph to bring up the second graph that shows what is awake on the phone (screen, WIFI, CPU, etc.). If you have the same issue I have, it could be something as simple as removing an app.

markbilek

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue start yesterday. Did a factory reset this morning. I'll report back when I know if the FDR fixed the problem.

JIH2009

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here, along with "phone" keeping it awake. I did a FDR and a new device setup and wipe cache...and it is still happening randomly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz