Is Moto Voice just the middleman to get to google?

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Just checking:

When activating moto to send text or call or whatever task...is it supossed to open google search to complete the task? Whenever I try a task it always opens google to complete...

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
yes, but I don't think that the original google voice does everything that Moto does - like listen even when the phone is off.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I hope the update to lollipop will give us the option to just use Google Now. I would much rather use that than Moto voice. It takes so long to get very basic searches.

Posted via the Android Central App

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I hope the update to lollipop will give us the option to just use Google Now. I would much rather use that than Moto voice. It takes so long to get very basic searches.

Posted via the Android Central App

You can do that now. Just disable Moto Voice and turn on Google Now from any screen in the Google Now settings.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
One thing that you'll lose with Moto Voice disabled is the ability to do a voice command/search with the screen powered off (at least until lollipop.)

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm hoping L takes out the middleman so to speak as well. I read something about the Nexus 6 having specific hardware to listen for Ok Google with the screen off or some such, hope the DT has the same stuff(and that it works).