Left half of screen freezes randomly since OTA

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing the following ?

- Left half of screen randomly freezes while on.

Once this 'feature' activates, the right half of the screen will be updated, but at a very choppy rate. Only resolution is to reboot the phone.

Doesn't appear to have any correlation to apps I'm running. Has happened running Waze, gmail, and simply flipping through home screens.

This happens at least 2 to 3 times a day, and started happening after receiving the OTA on Saturday. Have had the 64GB version since mid-November. Has been rock solid until this past weekend.

Tried wiping the cache partition, but issue still occurs.

nicegypt

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing the following ?

- Left half of screen randomly freezes while on.

Once this 'feature' activates, the right half of the screen will be updated, but at a very choppy rate. Only resolution is to reboot the phone.

Doesn't appear to have any correlation to apps I'm running. Has happened running Waze, gmail, and simply flipping through home screens.

This happens at least 2 to 3 times a day, and started happening after receiving the OTA on Saturday. Have had the 64GB version since mid-November. Has been rock solid until this past weekend.

Tried wiping the cache partition, but issue still occurs.

I have a nexus 6 and I have the same issue. Tmobile sending me another phone. Will see if it's going to have the same issue.

Rizz67

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Same issues. Nexus 64 gb.

I took a video of what it looks like with me

Called Moto and they are sending me a new one. No idea if it's hardware or software. I would imagine hardware since if it was software a lot more people would be complaining.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had the screen freeze on my native messaging app on my LG G3 as a result of trying to reinstall Waze. Waze sends a verification text to my phone, and the entire screen is unresponsive. I had uninstalled and reinstalled Waze after it screwed up the sound on the phone while using Waze and after I shut it off. I'd suspect Waze as the culprit. My phone works normally now that I deleted Waze.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have 64 GB Nexus 6 with same problem. Called T Mobile and they have none available to replace it with, so I contacted Moto and they have sent me a new one. Hope it doesn't happen again. I got my phone on December 23rd and since then it's happend about 6-7 times and usually when watching YouTube and I rotate the screen. It always happens when watching video though. In developer options I unchecked NuPlayer and am using Awesome Player as suggested by a few and I'll report back if that fixes it. Either way, I'm glad I'm getting a new device. No issues other than that for me.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Moto sent me a brand new phone. Build date is December 16th. So far no problems, but I just got it today. I'll report back if anything goes wrong.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure that the build date refers to when the phone was assembled, but to the most recent software/firmware update. Check Settings>About phone>Status and scroll all the way down to: Assembled on, which in my case was 10/9/2014.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure that the build date refers to when the phone was assembled, but to the most recent software/firmware update. Check Settings>About phone>Status and scroll all the way down to: Assembled on, which in my case was 10/9/2014.

I definitely don't see a build date when I go there.

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
With my Turbo, was still experiencing the problem, including after numerous factory resets.

Ultimately they RMA'd it. Have had new phone past 2 days, and haven't experienced the issue yet. Will be more confident in a week or so.

(my keyboard was stock Google keyboard if curious.)