Install system update?

Ggoblue

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Woke up this morning to this notification. "new system software is downloaded and ready to install".

I'm afraid to mess with a phone that works as well as this Turbo.

Any advice?

Posted via the Android Central App

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The update adds Verizon's Advance calling 1.0 - which is both Voice over LTE and Video Calling capability to your handset. I updated with no problem whatsoever

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Do it nao! Get to da choppa!! Yes, you should definitely update. Besides the above enhancements, there's also a bunch of other improvements and fixes as well. Here's more info on it from Motorola:

http://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/102879

But they didn't quite list everything, apparently. A thread was started for people to list improvements (has now been merged with another thread), starting with post #287 on this page:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...d-turbo-volte-simultaneous-voice-data-12.html

Make sure after you download/install the update that you enable the "HD Voice" feature on your line either by the My Verizon app, on the VZW website, or calling VZW. Then wait a few minutes, reboot, and double-check that "Advanced Calling" is turned 'on' under settings. Finally, you can find specific instructions and other good stuff for the Advanced Calling features from its FAQ:

Advanced Calling 1.0 | Verizon Wireless

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
But they didn't quite list everything, apparently. A thread was started for people to list improvements (has now been merged with another thread), starting with post #287 on this page:

Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo VoLTE or Simultaneous Voice and Data

Thanks for this link. I had been following that thread when it disappeared and I was unable to find it. I'm still kinda on the fence about whether to get a Turbo or not (it's the frontrunner), and this thread was really swaying me towards this phone.

taz204

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I did the system update on the droid turbo and I still can't surf the web while on a call. Any advice

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
^^ You can go to the FAQ via the link above for detailed instructions, but the remaining checklist of requirements for simultaneous voice/data if you've already installed the update is:

Enable "HD Voice" feature on your line via My Verizon app/VZW website/calling VZW, wait a few minutes and reboot, double-check that "Advanced Calling" is 'on' under settings, and make sure that you're in a location with a 4g signal.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I did the system update on the droid turbo and I still can't surf the web while on a call. Any advice

Are you in LTE coverage when doing this? The way it works with these new phones with only one antenna, is if you want to do data when on a call, you need to have Advanced Calling installed and activated and be in LTE coverage, or use WiFi for the data part. There is no simultaneous voice and data if you don't have an LTE signal or WiFi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo