Bluetooth distortion caused by microwave

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've never had this issue with any of my previous phones, but if I'm using a Bluetooth device (headphones, speaker) near a microwave that's heating something, the Bluetooth is unusable and just incessantly skips and cuts out.

Again, never had this issue with any other phone but the Turbo...curious if anyone else has experienced it and is it just weak Bluetooth on the phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Dude..that's your imagination. Seems like everyone is manufacturing problems with the Turbo. I use BT all the time at work and at home with my Turbo...no issues. Three people at work have Turbos...no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Always had interference with my bluetooth by a microwave for any phone for many years

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Excellent, that's the helpful response I was looking for, thank you. :)

My HTC One (M7) and Nexus before it never had this issue.

Context: I throw on BT headphones every morning when I take the dogs out, then come in and grab my coffee and heat up tea for my girlfriend. With the Turbo, everytime I heat up the water is when the signal goes to hell. Not a big deal, was just curious if it was an issue anyone else had.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
<sarcasm>

Yes, the consistently replicated experience that I'm having in which there is an immediate and direct correlation between turning on my microwave and my Bluetooth signal immediately dropping and skipping is "imaginary" & "manufactured."

</sarcasm>