How to Block OTA Update?

nwasquad1

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had a way to block the OTA update that allows Advanced Calling without root and/or how to block all future OTA updates. In addition to some reports of people experiencing worse battery life/faster drain, I am holding out hope for root and would prefer to prevent system updates.

The update has already been downloaded automatically (it used to say "waiting for wifi to download" and then it just downloaded via 4G by itself) and now I am getting constant reminders to install/remind me later. Just want to get rid of this but can't "freeze" it without root.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and installed the update but never activated the service/feature. Like you, I'd like a lot more choice as to what does/doesn't go in my phone. I am already dreading the day the Lollipop fiasco arrives.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has actually noticeably improved. It's almost at the level my Droid Maxx was before the KK update. One of the few updates where I've come away happier rather than the same or worse off.

edistopre

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this will work for you or not, but I came from a Razr Maxx HD and had not wanted to update it, and was being constantly nagged to install the downloaded OS update. For other reasons I cleared the cache partition, and the update completely disappeared along with the nagging notices. Even when I asked to see available updates, the phone acted as if I had already downloaded it. When I finally did want to apply the update, I had to hook up the USB cable and download it through the Motorola Device Manager.
You might want to experiment with clearing the cache partition. Obviously I stumbled upon it completely by accident.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith