Seidio Surface

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I got the case off. For anyone else using the Surface case on the 64GB Turbo, the case fits, quite snuggly. I had to use my leg as leverage when pushing on the release button. But it came off.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

If you pinch the sides of the half without finger grip near the seam the cover will bow slightly disengaging the catch and it slides off easily.

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Do most people also purchase the clip holster or use the case stand alone?
I'm in the minority here. I don't like a whole case, and I originally got the Spring clip holster for the naked Turbo, which I love. BUT, I love a kickstand since my old EVO days when it was build into the phone, so I broke down, and ALSO bout the surface case with holster. I regret it. I could not get the surface case to close completely on the phone (as if the phone were too long), without trimming some of the inside padding. I finally got it to fit, but it doesn't feel secure, and I hate how access to the power and volume controls are now made more difficult due to the additional thickness of the case blocking access to the controls. Finally, with the surface case in the case holster, it's noticeably bulkier than the Naked Turbo spring clip holster (which only makes sense).

In summary, I ended up throwing the bottom portion of the surface case in my glove box. I'll slide it on to the bottom of the phone and use the kickstand portion for reading or watching the news on those occasions where I might be dining alone. Otherwise, the surface purchase was a complete waste for me. I have a surface holster that will sit in a drawer and never be used, but I still do love my Spring Clip Holster. I wish built in kick stands as part of the native phone design were more prevalent amount phone manufacturers.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I want the one they are working on and will get the holster with it.. I dislike carrying a phone in my pocket and this is the first phone I haven't had a Seidio extended battery with case and holster

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I want the one they are working on and will get the holster with it.. I dislike carrying a phone in my pocket and this is the first phone I haven't had a Seidio extended battery with case and holster

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

I'm not sure they are making for for the BN - I read a post where Seidio indicated no decision has been made to offer both versions, unless something has changed.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Any active discount codes for Seidio cases?

No. Last one ended 12/27. I get emails so I'll make a thread announcing if I get one. They usually run about every 2 months and only last a couple days. Pretty good savings, usually 15% off plus free shipping. I'm thinking Valentine's day before the next one.

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No. Last one ended 12/27. I get emails so I'll make a thread announcing if I get one. They usually run about every 2 months and only last a couple days. Pretty good savings, usually 15% off plus free shipping. I'm thinking Valentine's day before the next one.

Thanks! I had been waiting for the Red Surface case and it just became available.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure they are making for for the BN - I read a post where Seidio indicated no decision has been made to offer both versions, unless something has changed.

The current Seidio Surface fits on the BN Turbo. I've spoken with customer service and they indicated that the likelihood of them releasing a case specifically for the BN is very low.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The current Seidio Surface fits on the BN Turbo. I've spoken with customer service and they indicated that the likelihood of them releasing a case specifically for the BN is very low.

It may fit but it's not made for the BN version. If they don't make a version, that's okay as the Tudia and Diz cases fir with my S5 Seidio holster.

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Count me in as one of the experimenters with the Surface case on a 64GBN model. Upon first install the device went in smooth and clicked into place. However, I could NOT get it off easily. I'm an engineer (and fairly handy), so when I say it won't come off, I mean it. I needed a great deal of force and nudging to get it off. I decided to cut back some of the felt, and add tape, as suggested above. While it went on easier, and came off easier, there is a good bit of play on the top half where they connect. Therefore, unless you plan to install this case and leave it on indefinitely, opt for the Tudia TPU instead. It works with the Surface holster. My opinion is that manipulating and forcing the case to get it off, deforms the clip between the two just enough to make someone with OCD frustrated. I will report back, If I manage to figure it out.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Diztronic case with the Seidio Surface holster? I understand the Tudia case fits in the Surface holster, but wondering about the Diz. To me the Diz case is a bit smaller than the Tudia - hos is the fit? The clip holds the Diz case secure?