Moto voice no worky? Troubleshooting...

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Happy holidays everyone!!

This has been very reliable until recently. Have had no problem using it in the recent past and voice activating it has been simple.

I don't use moto voice to often but was driving the other day and couldn't get moto to recognize launch phrase. I had to manually dial number. Then I forgot about it.

Yesterday I tried again and it definitely does not work. Numerous attempts.

When I go to try and set up the moto voice it from the app it won't even let me select 'launch phrase' no matter how many times I tap it.

Could this be a by product of the 21.44.8 update. ??

Again I don't use it too often so I don't know when moto voice went down. But would like it to function obviously.

Thx.

Last edited:

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you it's not a result of the update, as I took it and voice is still working fine.

Have you tried rebooting? Maybe even go into recovery and clear the cache.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If nothing else works, the phone is under warranty, so it's fix or replace time. (Even though you paid for a replacement warranty [it's built into the price], and are entitled to it, be nice when you ask. It shocks cellphone store employees when you don't come in screaming and demanding that they make your phone work [which happens all the time - my phone doesn't work? It's the fault of whichever employee I can get to listen to me] - and that makes them want to help you even more.)

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
JJ. Its weird. Simply by Turning the device off and back on I am subsequently able to select the launch phrase box one time and one time only. If I unselect it then it blocks me out...

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I used Moto Voice on Droid Ultra for over 1 year...never had any issues, now I have had my Droid Turbo for over 1 month..Moto voice has been working just fine.

The key to using Moto Voice is use the same tone of voice as what you recorded. Just because you are in the car...doesn't mean you have to yell. :) Also, the radio playing in the background will create background noise...its best to turn radio volume down she responding using Moto Voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Teeit,
The app won't even let me manage it. It blocks me out so I can't even change settings. It's not the activation part..

I never had issue with it up until recently. It was pretty reliable to activate with the launch phrase until now.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
JJ. Its weird. Simply by Turning the device off and back on I am subsequently able to select the launch phrase box one time and one time only. If I unselect it then it blocks me out...

That is odd indeed. Have you updated to the latest version of the app from play store? 6.2.10.1 I believe.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
If all else fails, restore the Turbo back to factory settings and choose to NOT restore all your apps from Google. The reason...one of your apps could be interfering with the Moto Voice. Once Turbo is booted and operational, update all the stock apps. Test MOTO voice...it should work without issues.

Now...once you start reinstalling all your personal apps...if Moto Voice stops working again...you know the culprit.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2651056

For me, the problem turned out to be my new phone case was blocking the microphone.

Jerry Goodwin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I had to turn off the driving mode! I almost got into an accident trying to get it to play music! It would not do what I wanted and was opening Chrome instead, which distracted me a great deal. I tried it a couple times and I have found less distraction by just playing the songs myself!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2