Copy Monthly Calendar Widget From My S3

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded to a Droid Turbo from a Samsung Galaxy S3. One thing I miss from the S3 is the 4x4 (I think) full month view calendar widget. Is there any way to copy it from my S3 to the Turbo? Ironically, it's missing from my Tab Pro as well, so I'd like to get it on both.

I've looked at various calendar apps, but haven't found one that I like as much as the simple widget on my S3.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded to a Droid Turbo from a Samsung Galaxy S3. One thing I miss from the S3 is the 4x4 (I think) full month view calendar widget. Is there any way to copy it from my S3 to the Turbo? Ironically, it's missing from my Tab Pro as well, so I'd like to get it on both.

I've looked at various calendar apps, but haven't found one that I like as much as the simple widget on my S3.

I liked the base calendar on my s4 too. Don't like the stock one on my turbo but found one I like a lot.

Search for the new Google Calendar app. Very good.

Posted via the Android Central App

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have it on my Galaxy Tab Pro, it has no new widgets. I did find an app called "Calendar Widgets" that seems to be what I'm looking for. We'll see how it goes.

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I came from an S3 as well and hated the Turbo calendar. I'm using an app called Jorte Calendar. It's very much like the S3 with the different viewing options and the summary of events visible when viewing the entire month. It's a free app, no ads.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The biggest thing i miss from my note3 was the full screen calendar widget! Havent found one i like yet that lets me have a full month view on its on screen.

Any ideas would be appreciated

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I have it on my Galaxy Tab Pro, it has no new widgets. I did find an app called "Calendar Widgets" that seems to be what I'm looking for. We'll see how it goes.

The Google Calendar app has a full screen month widget. I'm using it now. Don't sweat the size it says in widget, you can resize once you put it on a page.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Another up vote for Jorte. It has a SLEW of widget selections, and as a bonus, once you've chosen your widget, you can customize without re-creating it from scratch by tapping the lower corner of the widget and fine tuning it to get it just as you like.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess im not smart euff to fig it out lol. I set the widget to 4x4 but i have to tap it to see the entire month. I just wanted it to show the month when i scrolled to the page...

I do miss my samsung calander lol but not enuff to get rid of my turbo!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
THE calendar app for me is DigiCal Calendar & Widgets. It's on the Play Store, as well.

I have DigiCal+ and have for quite some time, so I can't recall what is added in upgrading from the free version, but it has full screen month widgets among various others.

It's also the only calendar app I found that has as dark a theme option overall. I like dark themes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digibites.calendar

The upgrade to the DigiCal+ version is by key purchase.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Here's a screenshot of the DigiCal full month widget I'm using. Note the widget can be resized to fill the whole page. I just wanted the Poweramp music widget off my main screen. I also like to disable the padding in the widgets for truly full screen.

(looks like compression made the shot look not so good...don't hold that against the app)

Attachments

• 13882.jpg
    13882.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

d_schaefer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I really like the Google Calendar app, just wish it had a monthly widget. I didn't realize that it could be resized, but it is still only agenda view.

I tried Jorte and Digicalc but wasn't sold on either. I may go back and take another look. The monthly widget on my S3 showed events on every day, not simply the events for the day selected. The Callender Widgets app I found does, it seems to be good for now.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I really like the Google Calendar app, just wish it had a monthly widget. I didn't realize that it could be resized, but it is still only agenda view.

I tried Jorte and Digicalc but wasn't sold on either. I may go back and take another look. The monthly widget on my S3 showed events on every day, not simply the events for the day selected. The Callender Widgets app I found does, it seems to be good for now.

You're right. I thought it was month but it is agenda.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I just went and looked in my DigiCal+ Widgets options and there is also a Month widget (the one I am using in the screenshot I posted is called Month Calendar). The Month widget does show events in the individual date boxes on the same type full month calendar display.

Both, however, require the DigiCal+ paid upgrade from the free version.

Just an additional FYI.

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

i'm using this one
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.candl.chronos&token=4HIXG6Tv

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
THE calendar app for me is DigiCal Calendar & Widgets. It's on the Play Store, as well.

I have DigiCal+ and have for quite some time, so I can't recall what is added in upgrading from the free version, but it has full screen month widgets among various others.

It's also the only calendar app I found that has as dark a theme option overall. I like dark themes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digibites.calendar

The upgrade to the DigiCal+ version is by key purchase.
Damnit, Ima gonna stop comin' to this forum. Going through all the calendar apps in the store, it's very unlikely you'll find the "perfect" one for "you", and I have searched for and used several that did do quite what I wanted. Usually, the best apps I have found are based on others' recommendations, and this is no different. I recently started using Jorte thanks to a forum member's recommendation, and it's really nice, but I concede I prefer DigiCal over Jorte, so thank you KPMcClave for your recommendation. It's very clean, and gives me a better looking widget (which is what I was mainly looking for), and I like the full screen monthly view functionality as well. My only complaint is the $4.95 for the plus version. I know 5 bucks is a drop in the bucket in the real world, but it's on the border line of what I prefer to spend on an Android app. Still, the free version is getting the job done.

Hmmmm.... I have mucho coins for the Amazon App store, maybe they have the current version of DigiCal+?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Damnit, Ima gonna stop comin' to this forum. Going through all the calendar apps in the store, it's very unlikely you'll find the "perfect" one for "you", and I have searched for and used several that did do quite what I wanted. Usually, the best apps I have found are based on others' recommendations, and this is no different. I recently started using Jorte thanks to a forum member's recommendation, and it's really nice, but I concede I prefer DigiCal over Jorte, so thank you KPMcClave for your recommendation. It's very clean, and gives me a better looking widget (which is what I was mainly looking for), and I like the full screen monthly view functionality as well. My only complaint is the $4.95 for the plus version. I know 5 bucks is a drop in the bucket in the real world, but it's on the border line of what I prefer to spend on an Android app. Still, the free version is getting the job done.

Hmmmm.... I have mucho coins for the Amazon App store, maybe they have the current version of DigiCal+?

Glad you found it to your liking, dungoyle. I agree the + price is hefty in context, but there are some apps for which a price that high doesn't bother me because I have found they are THE app for me for whatever it is they do. DigiCal+ is on that short list.

That Month: Calendar Widget is pretty nice, though. I took a look at that and like the look of some of the theme options even a bit better than the theme options for the DigiCal+ included widgets. However, it didn't seem to have an option for a preview of the highlighted day at the bottom, so I'll stick with the DigiCal widget. The DigiCal calendar itself is unlikely to be dethroned anytime soon. That's where the dark theme goodness is at its best.

Looks like the Amazon App Store doesn't have DigiCal at all.

Rndcheg

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
You may want to try Biz Calendar as well. It shows the actual entry on the full calendar widget. You need to modify the widget once placed to change colors, have text shown, etc. I went to it after leaving Samsung for the same reason you mentioned.