How do u add your profile to top left hand corner of drop down page?

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
On the drop down page there was a blank spot in top left corner that I think was for owner of phone profile. I couldn't figure it out how to populate that box. Interestingly, I was just in my google acct and went into google plus and I don't know what I did but now my google plus profile picture is now in that box. I don't really use Google plus so I don't really know how to navigate that app.

Does anyone know how I got the profile in there thru goog plus?
And is there a way to deactivate it?

Thx

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
You have to create an entry named "ME" with your information and photo. Took me forever to get it to work, but that's it in a nutshell.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thx. Do you know how I managed to get my goog plus profile in there? I thought it was unusual when that just randomly popped up in that window. I didn't really make any big adjustments when I went into goog plus, and poof there it was...

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
OP ancientdroid posted this in early November: "I was annoyed that my photo didn't exist when I two finger swiped as well. I figured out how to get it back. In Google+ go to Settings --> Account Settings --> Contacts. Check off the 'Keep contacts up to date' option. That will pull the photo from your Google+ profile. The unfortunate side effect is that it will also put Google Plus contacts in your address book. You can remove them by opening the People app, click on the Menu and select 'Contacts to display'. Then just select your 'Google' contacts or customize if you want your 'Google' contacts plus others from your company email account, etc."

Like ancientdroid posted, I more or less stumbled on this as well. Now if you edit your profile name in Google+ you can put your nickname in. Apparently the DM and DT pull the name information from that location. As a result, when I use my wake up command, my DT says "Hello Jim," instead of "Hello James." Although sometimes it just says "Hey there...."

OP, it took me a while to discover the Google+ linkage. I don't really use Google+ normally, but perhaps opening it forces a communication between the phone and Google+. Someone else will have answer that.
edison

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Edison, funny that u mention voice says ur name now. I noticed that as well. Definitely new.

Yep checking out goog+ maybe opened a connection or something. Good thought. Because I don't think I selected anything g new when I was checking it out yesterday.

I have have to go back in and tweak it.

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from the droid Maxx so I'm used to the name thing. Just learned how to personalize it when I got my TM and couldn't figure why it didn't show and say my name. 😄

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You dont' have to use you Google+ profile.

as dungoyle pointed out, in the People app, there is a contact at the top labeled "ME" and you just fill that with your info

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie