Just wanna say hello to everyone

Denis Runev

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
My name is Denis,
and I guess I'm the only one registered Droid Turbo user from Russia down here.
I was reading this forum since I got my phone like several months ago, but decided to register just now.
I hope will not annoy you by my person =)

Well, I think I should tell somthing about the phone, it's a ballistic neylon version, 32GB. There was a long story of getting me this cell.
The first attempt was suppressed by russian customs, cuz the phone has no certification inside the country (Motorola left our market around 6 years ago, and it was so pity, there are too much fans of this brand).
But I was not able to wait anymore (I bet you know that feeling), and bought the phone in my city by costive price (~1200$). My previous phone - IPhone6 founded his new owner in few hours :D
It is really pity that seller has not 64Gb version by the time I was purchsing the phone, so now I feel myself too limited in space.
Phone works just fine, the screen, battery life is amazing after Apple. Camera could be better, but I can deal with that.
LTE works fine in Russia (I was a little worried about that).

So as all of us I'm waiting for Lollipop very much.

Have a nice day guys!
I'm leaving shopping, it's still New Year holidays in Russia, will go look for wireless charger as well.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Welcome comrade. How is your cellular service there?

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2015

Posted via the Android Central App

Denis Runev

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!
All city covered with 4g network, speeds are around 50mbit. We have no LTE voice, so phone switches to 3g while calls. Unlimited internet costs 12$ monthly =)

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
A little off topic here, but about 14 months ago I sold my RAZR maxx on eBay to someone in Russia. They claimed they never received it. Would that have anything to do with the customs in Russia as you mentioned?

Posted via the Android Central App

Denis Runev

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
A little off topic here, but about 14 months ago I sold my RAZR maxx on eBay to someone in Russia. They claimed they never received it. Would that have anything to do with the customs in Russia as you mentioned?

Unfortunately, not!
All not authorised electronics are prohibited, so the device should be certificated in Russia. And as Motorola are off our market, there is no certificates.
But there is a good piece of news - customs are faced with a huge amount of international parcels from all directions so they make inspection of a small amount of packages, I guess suspecious one's. Like a parcel with declaration claims Motorola Razr =)
So it is your bad luck, I feel sorry for your parcel. Was there any insurance?
If anyone occasionally will send something to Russia, write in declaration: electronics, or electric parts =) It will work.

PS Another good news is that Moto will return to us in the first decade of this year.
PPS Sorry for my bad English and thick russian accent =)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user