Anything else out there other than the 'power control widget' for shortcuts to bluetooth etc?

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Anything a little less conspicuous>? The power control widget is pretty big and doesnt show battery life percent. And swiping down then tapping the icon top right is getting old really fast...

Basically just need some shortcuts to bluetooth location etc...
thx

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets. In addition to an array of main screen clock/weather/etc widget it also has quick setting widgets. Or you can combine the two options and have a main clock/weather widget with quick access buttons. It's pretty flexible.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
ok, thanks for the direction. I went to play store and the BW app has mixed reviews big time...well at least the free one does. Ill do more research but thanks for the lead...

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Would be great if you could just pull o a couple of those icons off the drop down menu and put on the home page w/o 3rd party app.

In regards to the power widget that comes w the turbo. what does the circular refresh button do? is that for syncing google accts?
jf

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Would be great if you could just pull o a couple of those icons off the drop down menu and put on the home page w/o 3rd party app.

In regards to the power widget that comes w the turbo. what does the circular refresh button do? is that for syncing google accts?
jf
You can. Just select the Settings widget & assign the desired function when prompted. I assume you already know the Moto control center provides access to battery, calendar, etc. as well.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I use Power Toggles. I prefer having the bar of icons in my Notifications drawer rather than on one of my screens. It's otherwise out of the way, but a click or two closer than having to go in to settings. If you're set on an actual homescreen widget, it has a very customizable one (and only one) with the same 4x1 layout of the Power control widget.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
oh ok, that worked with the setting thing. cool.

Im coming from iphone, whats the moto control center? Is that just the icon top right after swiping down??

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
oh ok, that worked with the setting thing. cool.

Im coming from iphone, whats the moto control center? Is that just the icon top right after swiping down??
The Control Center is found in your widgets as well - provides time, temp, battery, calendar, etc. Touching an area opens full information ala, battery stats. Touch the 3-dot menu on either side to expand. (See screenshot below - circular widget center top)

2457138eaa852e2aac7bed7ce539cf8d.jpg

NexusShark

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Widgetsoid is what I've used forever. You can set the toggles you want in the notification pull down. Think this is what you're looking for...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6853.jpg
    6853.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 67

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the things I like about Apex (well, and Android in general, so far as you can get the desired functionality in many different ways). One of the few things most people agree with in Samsung's Touch Wiz is the easy access to quick settings via the pull down menu. When I made the transition to the Turbo, I got around this limitation by leveraging one of Apex's settings: Number of "Dock Pages" (the bottom row of icons). I have three. The one on the first screen is the default and it's the only one I see 90% of the time unless I want to get to one of the other two. In that case, I can swype it to the left or right to get the other dock pages that I can populate any way I like. Mine is set up on page two to access Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi, Brightness, and Sound. Page 3 is Applications Manager, Apex quick access, Apex Lock, Apex Settings, and System Settings. That 5x2 widget on top is from Beautiful Widgets, toned down on purpose to match my "industrial" motif. The battery icon will display the battery settings, and just as you'd expect, the weather icon, brings up the weather, and I like the quick access for Do Not Disturb for the theater.

BottomBar.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Anything a little less conspicuous>? The power control widget is pretty big and doesnt show battery life percent. And swiping down then tapping the icon top right is getting old really fast...

Basically just need some shortcuts to bluetooth location etc...
thx

Use two fingers to pull down the notification shade. That's a shortcut to pulling down the shade and then tapping the icon top right.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Use two fingers to pull down the notification shade. That's a shortcut to pulling down the shade and then tapping the icon top right.
Thanks. A lot less than what I went through to get most of those settings. Too bad you can't customize, but I'm being picky now.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Adding my thanks. I didn't realize this either. I think I can uninstall Power Toggles now. Always looking for ways to have fewer apps if I can. Although I guess I need an extra click to turn off WiFi with the Settings route.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Adding my thanks. I didn't realize this either. I think I can uninstall Power Toggles now. Always looking for ways to have fewer apps if I can. Although I guess I need an extra click to turn off WiFi with the Settings route.

From that settings notification shade you can toggle wifi with a long press of the icon - you don't have to tap it and then toggle. Bluetooth as well.

I believe Lollipop adds toggles to the notification shade so all of this gets a little better soon....