Turbo Backup Options

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a rooted Droid Razr MAXX using Titanium Backup to backup my apps and their data and settings, I'm feeling lost and extremely exposed with my unprotected Turbo.

What's a good solution while we wait for someone to break the code to root this thing?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe you can try Helium. It must be connected to a PC if I remember right but it is an option, I believe.

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Helium is nice and all, but for some reason it never or restores all of my apps. And it's kind of a crap shoot which ones and chooses to restore.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Bumping this thread again, in hopes of getting more responses. How are you folks handling backup/restore, without having root? I have a couple apps that I use that will do a simple backup/restore of the .APK file(s), but that does nothing for restoring the apps settings and preferences.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Bumping this thread again, in hopes of getting more responses. How are you folks handling backup/restore, without having root? I have a couple apps that I use that will do a simple backup/restore of the .APK file(s), but that does nothing for restoring the apps settings and preferences.

Most apps that I care about store (or can export) settings to external storage, and then I use an app called DropSync to copy those files and folders to Dropbox (and also media like wallpapers, ringtones, etc.) After a factory reset I let the phone reinstall my old apps automatically and then copy those files over from Dropbox, either from a PC or downloaded from Dropbox. Photos and videos are automatically backed up to Dropbox, G+ and Flickr, so I'm set there, too. SMS are backed up always (and automatically as they are sent and received) using SMSBackup+ but I actually rarely restore them - the fact that they are in my gmail account is good enough.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Most apps that I care about store (or can export) settings to external storage, and then I use an app called DropSync to copy those files and folders to Dropbox (and also media like wallpapers, ringtones, etc.) After a factory reset I let the phone reinstall my old apps automatically and then copy those files over from Dropbox, either from a PC or downloaded from Dropbox. Photos and videos are automatically backed up to Dropbox, G+ and Flickr, so I'm set there, too. SMS are backed up always (and automatically as they are sent and received) using SMSBackup+ but I actually rarely restore them - the fact that they are in my gmail account is good enough.

Thanks.

BAYates

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
''for restoring the apps settings and preferences'' you NEED root!
And when using titanium backup properly can simply reinstall everything and with a nandroid backup from CMW your back in business in less than an hour! So why when you are using titanium your job question? =-D

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
And when using titanium backup properly can simply reinstall everything and with a nandroid backup from CMW your back in business in less than an hour! So why when you are using titanium your job question? =-D

Because you can't root the turbo. Unless you know something that nobody else does?

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Nob not job question

On youtube is more than a few videos on how to root the turbo! Lol =-d

Unfortunately, you can not root the Droid Turbo that's running 4.4.4. That was the entire purpose of this thread. I'm familiar with using Titanium Backup on a rooted device to have the ability to backup/restore app settings and preferences. Since the Turbo can not be rooted, I was wondering if anyone knew of the next best solution to perform this task on the Turbo.