Time without a signal

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
My Turbo is showing "Red" under "Mobile network signal" (battery history page) in places my old MAXX never had issues with. My battery is also draining rather quickly due to this. Has any one else experienced this? I tried "Global" and "LTE/CDMA" and it was the same.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The reason the battery is draining is that the transmitter is at maximum power when the receiver can't get an answer to a connection request, and it keeps making connection requests.

2) You probably have a defective device. It's new? Bring it back and, unless they're having tower problems, or your account data is messed up, ask for a replacement phone. (Make sure anything you don't want to lose is either in the cloud [like a gmail account's emails] or backed up - they won't transfer the data for you.)

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I read about this problem on another forum and had the same thing happen to me http://www.droidforums.net/threads/lte-error-pop-up-on-unlock.278162/. One morning last week when I unlocked my phone I saw an error message pop up but it went away before I could read it. It was something about LTE. Then I checked and saw that I had lost network signal at some time. On the other forum some people were experiencing the same problem and one suggestion was to re seat the sim card. I wondered if the topic would come up here and now it has. Might be a Verizon problem.

Last edited:

jkeben

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually the OP for that other thread and reseating the SIM card has fixed it as far as I can tell. Since my original device had an issue with the screen, they swapped the SIM card manually and I'm sure that it where the problem first came from. If it comes back up though my next call is to Verizon.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried re-seating the SIM card earlier after reading that. A few hours later I cleared the cache and rebooted. Upon first boot I got the popup indicating something along the lines of "cannot find an network" or similar (it is so fast I dont have time to screen grab it)... It could be because my home is not in a 4G covered area and I use a network extender. That being said, my MAXX never had this issue.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I did the reseat too and everything seems fine. As far as I know the network drop only happened to me once. It was at home where I have 4G and I hadn't messed with the Sim card before at all. Seems strange that several people have suddenly started to have this problem. Makes me think it's not the phones but maybe some kind of network problem.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had this also happen to me about 3 to me a mabe it was after the advanced calling feature was enabled.

Posted via the Android Central App

ds728

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed this problem too, and it seems to happen when I've temporarily been without service (e.g., underground parking garage). When I come back to the surface, it looks like the phone still doesn't see the signal for awhile, unless I wake up the Turbo manually. In a day, if I'm in my parking garage 2x for a period of <5 mins total, I still end up with ~8-10% "time without signal" by the end of the day. I've figured this out just by seeing that the two periods of 'red' signal are around the times that I would've been underground.

I guess this is probably a software bug/nuisance, rather than a hardware issue given that I otherwise don't have signal problems when I'm above ground. Today's my last day for a full device return, though, so I'm wondering if anyone else can chime in.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess this is probably a software bug/nuisance, rather than a hardware issue given that I otherwise don't have signal problems when I'm above ground. Today's my last day for a full device return, though, so I'm wondering if anyone else can chime in.

This seems to be about right. I am also at the end of my return window and debating.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I turned off Advanced Calling and my signal has not gone "Red" at all in the same areas where it was "Red" the past 2 days.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I didn't turn off Advanced Calling and mine hasn't gone red either. I still wonder if it was (or is) some kind of network issues. It hadn't happened before then all of the sudden a few of us have it happen over the same period of time.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Revisiting this topic because I get the red no signal and error message on wake up on a fairly regular basis anymore, at least two to three times a week. Sometimes it's at work, where the signal is not good, if I'm in certain parts of the building with the phone in my pocket. That I can understand, but other times it's at home, when I look at the phone first thing in the morning I find that it had lost signal for a good portion of the night. I've gotten used to it and don't find any real problems but I wonder if anyone else is still getting the error?

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I shut it off for a day and it seemed good, but it may have been too soon to really tell. Now today I got the new software update which turned advanced calling back on. Maybe the update fixed the problem. I'll try for a few days and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jannel91