Gotta Love the DROID Turbo Battery Life!!! Awesome

kazronaldson

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a few minor issues with the Droid Turbo, but the battery life is not one of them. My phone was on for about 18 hours with about 10 hours of on screen time and it still was not dead. 10 HOURS OF ON SCREEN TIME. Just insane. I don't think any other phone can do that. Droid Turbo, gotta have it. Took screenshots of the battery life for ya

Screenshot_2015-01-08-08-17-23.jpg
Screenshot_2015-01-08-08-17-31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're in the middle of conditioning the battery, letting it drop down to 5% regularly will mean a new battery before Halloween. The trick isn't how long yo u can keep the phone on between charges, it's how long you can keep the battery going until you have to replace it, and regularly letting it drop below 40% shortens the life dramatically. Considering that it's probably going to cost you around $100 to have the battery replaced, I'd think you';d want to keep it going as long as possible. (It's why I won't buy a phone with a non-replaceable battery. A replaceable battery runs around $10-$15, and takes a minute or less to replace. And if 60% of capacity doesn't get you through the day you can always swap in a spare during the day.)

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Unless you're in the middle of conditioning the battery, letting it drop down to 5% regularly will mean a new battery before Halloween. The trick isn't how long yo u can keep the phone on between charges, it's how long you can keep the battery going until you have to replace it, and regularly letting it drop below 40% shortens the life dramatically. Considering that it's probably going to cost you around $100 to have the battery replaced, I'd think you';d want to keep it going as long as possible. (It's why I won't buy a phone with a non-replaceable battery. A replaceable battery runs around $10-$15, and takes a minute or less to replace. And if 60% of capacity doesn't get you through the day you can always swap in a spare during the day.)

40%? Sorry, but I don't agree with that. Yes, letting it get down to 15% or less regularly is less than optimal, and recharges on partial battery drains are fine. But to say the battery will die in a year from letting it get below 40% regularly is quite a silly statement. For example, on my Droid RAZR Maxx, I typically didn't charge until it hit 20% or less, and that battery lasted for close to 3 years without issue. Sorry, but real world experience shows your theory holds no water.

And I get that you know quite a bit about batteries, but passing along semi-shoddy anecdotal tales as hard fact is the issue I see with the post.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
To further my previous post, a lithium ion battery typically has just a 2-3 year life anyway before it starts to degrade to the point of death. About two years is the life of a typical cell phone. So, as long as the battery isn't being drained to 15% or less constantly, it should do fine lasting through the life of the phone.

kazronaldson

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey pal, I didn't post this to have some fancy ambassador come in here, on MY thread, and talk down to me about how I treat my battery. How do you know I let my battery drain down this low every time? You're not God. I posted this simply to show the amazing battery life the Droid Turbo has, that's all, not to get a history lesson a batteries. Ya hear? Now scram. You're not welcome here. Let's remember who created this thread : )

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

Total BS

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey pal, I didn't post this to have some fancy ambassador come in here, on MY thread, and talk down to me about how I treat my battery. How do you know I let my battery drain down this low every time? You're not God. I posted this simply to show the amazing battery life the Droid Turbo has, that's all, not to get a history lesson a batteries. Ya hear? Now scram. You're not welcome here. Let's remember who created this thread : )

Amen. He or she is always trying to battery God.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay