Have some questions about Voicemail/Google voice

snow716

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
On my old phone I had set up Google voice to handle all my incoming Voicemail. When I moved over to the Droid turbo, I didn't change any settings and Google voice worked just fine for the mail. I would get notifications and listen to the message from Google voice or read the text message.

Recently I went to the Verizon website to turn on advanced calling so I could enable the data while on a voice call with the new update.

Somehow my phone has gone back to the Verizon Voicemail. I turned off the free trial for visual voice mail and am back to basic Voicemail.

However I don't want to use it and go back to using Google voice to handle my new voice messages. How do I enable this? I couldn't find anything obvious in the Google voice options.

Brian Singleton

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Delete the forwarding to the phone. Set it up again. See if that helps.

What Rukbat said. Note that the forwarding is now done via *71,*90 and *92. Also, if you use Google Voice only as voicemail, I suggest putting that to "do not disturb" otherwise it takes a lot of rings to get to your voicemail.

snow716

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Delete the forwarding to the phone. Set it up again. See if that helps.
Is this setting in the Google voice app? Should I just reinstall the app since I can't find that setting?

I do see the do not disturb, so I will try that once I get this all back up and running.

snow716

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried reinstalling the Google app and setting Google voice as the the choice for Voicemail under call settings. It won't let me setup my number though, only has the Google number (different from my provider number) and says the provider doesn't allow auto setup.

Brian Singleton

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried reinstalling the Google app and setting Google voice as the the choice for Voicemail under call settings. It won't let me setup my number though, only has the Google number (different from my provider number) and says the provider doesn't allow auto setup.

That doesn't work with Verizon. You have to set up call forwarding to your Google Voice number.

snow716

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't work with Verizon. You have to set up call forwarding to your Google Voice number.
Roger thanks, I used the voice forward numbers from this thread and my Google voice number to get it working.

I don't know why there are three separate forwarding numbers but they all work.

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I find it so stupid that there is no call forwarding feature to turn on/off in the dialer settings like a my previous google phones. now they have us entering a series of numbers for this feature. I mean come on, there is soo much **** to try to remember for these phones. I need to go to school or something just to operate these things. Can moto voice enable the call forwarding ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20