Wifi issues?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting terrible wifi signal strength? Using the same router and everything my Turbo gets terrible reception everywhere minus right next to the router. My S5 I got decent signal everywhere. Anyone else had/seen or know a fix for this?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have tried both 5 (which I know has a week signal strength but higher end speeds) and 2.4

I know you used your S5 and had no issues but consider this.

2.4 GHz is great for environments with minimal interference. If you live in an apartment this band will be congested and your speeds and possibly signal may suffer. Range is generally greater than 5GHz.

5 GHz provides top tier speeds at any distance within its range but does not reach as far as the 2.4 GHz band. Less appliances use this band so it may indeed be the best option if you live in a congested environment.

Of course none of this matters if your WiFi radio is struggling. It can be the phone, router or both. What brand and model router do you have? Is it a Gateway (Modem + Router in 1 unit) or separate modem/routers?

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
is your router dual band ?? I have in home verizon fios, my wifi signal on my turbo is rarely at full signal and is still blazing fast even with 1-2 bars of signal. mostly due to the strong signal of fios I assume. My fios router is not dual band and I still have average speeds of 48.76 down/ 43.18 up.

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Been there done that, it's demonstrably less sensitive than my Nexus 7 or S4, and even an early motoG.
2ghz is worse than 5, or harder to tell the diff at least. I sent a bunch of info to moto support awhile back,
they didn't suggest an answer but confirmed my findings. Hopefully something will happen with L.
If I'd got this phone out of the blue and not had anything to compare it to, or if I was never in finge wifi areas
that I was used to getting reception in previously, I might not have noticed. It's not crazy bad, but it's there on
more than a few examples. I have a number of side by side photos and videos showing signal strength
via wifi analyzer app and have cross checked results with netgears apps. I replaced my pretty good Asus
router with a very good Netgear, factory reset, channels are ideal and not very congested here, etc, etc, etc.
It's the phone. I'm prepared to believe at this point it is not all, or even a majority of them, but it's by far not just one here or there.
I see someone online almost weekly coming across the same problem.

All that said, I'd exchange it if I were you, and try to document if the 2nd one has the same issues via controlled situation dba readings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair