Launchers for the droid turbo

Tim Bell1

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been experimenting with different launchers and wondering what everyone else is using. I am currently using Google launcher

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Nova Launcher is tried and true. Some on the AC editorial staff also really like Action Launcher.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been considering Nova for a while now. Should I go free or Prime?

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Free has a lot of features. I'd try free to begin with. If you want/need the extra functionality of the paid version you can always get it.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I own Nova and Apex, paid versions of each. I have been an Apex fan forever, but I was getting Apex error messages since the last VOLTE update, so I decided to switch to Nova rather than perform a PITA factory reset (which may or may not have corrected my problem). I am very happy with Nova, and more importantly, with how well it imported my Apex settings.

Correctly imported: Folder contents, and positions. Icon locations, and custom icon definitions.

Not imported: Custom folder icons, so I had to reconfigure those. Number of pages, and page custom page column/row settings. Both easily adjusted in Nova settings. Widgets. No widgets were imported, but there were reserved place settings exactly where my widgets used to be, and all I had to do was tap those locations, and re-ad and reconfigure the widgets.

Not perfect, but not bad. It was a lot less of a time investment than setting up my phone originally for sure, and it looks exactly how it did when I was using the Apex Launcher.

I've had zero launcher errors since then, and performance is at least as good as Apex. Definitely worth the money for Prime.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
For my 1st stupid question of the day................... what's the launcher that comes standard with the Turbo 4.4.4 referred as? Is it just referred to as the OEM/standard launcher of the Turbo?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the paid version of Apex as well and so I put it on my Note 3...all it did was make me miss Nova Prime. Perhaps it's just what we're used to.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've mainly been using Action Launcher 3, sometimes I switch to Google Now Launcher as well.

My two as well. I use Muzei to change my wallpaper daily and Action Launcher's setting to change the launcher's colors to match the wallpaper is pretty cool.

I used to use Nova Prime and I also think it's fine. Aviate just didn't work for me, but it is a cool idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49