Problem with static/crackling after Volte advanced calling update

SouthernblondeLKS

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
After I got the advanced calling update my Turbo declined significantly in the sound department. It had a really annoying echo, so I turned advanced calling off. Problem is now when I have regular calls I'm getting terrible feedback (a crackling/popping static) on the line in a continuous manner. It's intermittent and isn't something that stays on the line. It pops every couple of seconds. It's extremely annoying and distracting. The person on the other end doesn't hear it. I tested it out talking to several different people to make sure that it was indeed my phone. I was curious as to if others are having this issue. This phone was perfect up until this Volte update. Now I've had nothing but problems with it. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with my antennas or SIM card. Anyone have any idea? I already did a soft reset and the problem remains.

Probably going to have to take it back to Verizon for them to check it out. It's annoying that I didn't have any problems until after the update. I really don't want to do a hard reset because I don't want to have to redownload all my music and pictures.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably going to have to take it back to Verizon
Definitely take it back to Verizon. It coudld be on their side, so it would be something you couldn't fix on the phone. On the chance that it is, make sure you have everything backed up. (If it's not a quick simple repair, they'll replace the phone.)

SouthernblondeLKS

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I get the feeling that taking it to Verizon and trying to get it to act up would be a lot like taking a car to the mechanic. It's just not going to make the noise. The weird thing is how intermittent it is. I had 3 phone calls today and never heard the noise. It's the craziest thing. Maybe the NSA is tapping my phone...because of course the government thinks I'm an underlord of crime...lol.

Matt Van Mater

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I am also having problems with static on calls. I just got my VZW Droid Turbo a week ago and updated the volte pretty much immediately so i don't know if that is related.

Just like you , my problems are intermittent. I am able to hear the other person on the other end of the call perfectly well, but they can't hear me. They say i break up every 3rd word or hear static. This is all in a location where my old Samsung Galaxy Nexus worked fine for years.

Have you resolved your problems?

SouthernblondeLKS

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had the issue resolved, but it's so intermittent that I just let it go. I turned off advanced calling and don't have an issue with most calls. It tends to only happen with two of my contacts which makes me wonder if it's on their end. There are cons to both having the advanced calling and regular calling. My advanced calling seems to have a strange echo with static sometimes (especially if the other person doesn't have advanced calling) and the regular calling I get crackles and static on occasion. It definitely had something to do with the update because it was fine before the Volte update. I'm holding out hope the newest system update will fix it. I've also noticed that I don't have the static issue if I put the phone on speaker. It's the damdest thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1