I'm back to the Turbo

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all:

If you read my previous bellyaching thread about my experiences with the Turbo, you will know I had a lot of trouble with this device. However, after 2 weeks with the new Moto X, I went back to the Turbo. To resolve the issues I had with Verizon and the phone, Verizon agreed to refund the money I was out of pocket, when I needed to replace my 4th defective Turbo on the spot. I needed a phone for business and couldn't want for a mailed replacement.

I used the Moto X for 2 weeks. It is a great device. However, the battery life is not good enough for my use. And, the lack of wireless charging turned out to be a bummer. And, the limited storage turned out to be more of a problem than I had expected. Otherwise, it is a fantastic device. Size, screen, version 5.0 software, etc. are all terrific. But, if the battery doesn't last, then it doesn't work for me.

So, the store exchanged the Moto X for a new Turbo 64 Nylon. After inspecting and testing the new unit, I was satisfied that they have rectified the volume issues I experience with the October built Turbo. So, there is a happy ending. Verizon did the right things by me, and I was able to get the device I wanted.

Win-win.

Now, common Lollipop! I was a little spoiled for those two weeks. ;-)

Cheers

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What was the battery life like? I came from a 2013 X and always think I should have got the New X but the battery life and the smaller storage are what keeps me with the Turbo.

Hi all:

If you read my previous bellyaching thread about my experiences with the Turbo, you will know I had a lot of trouble with this device. However, after 2 weeks with the new Moto X, I went back to the Turbo. To resolve the issues I had with Verizon and the phone, Verizon agreed to refund the money I was out of pocket, when I needed to replace my 4th defective Turbo on the spot. I needed a phone for business and couldn't want for a mailed replacement.

I used the Moto X for 2 weeks. It is a great device. However, the battery life is not good enough for my use. And, the lack of wireless charging turned out to be a bummer. And, the limited storage turned out to be more of a problem than I had expected. Otherwise, it is a fantastic device. Size, screen, version 5.0 software, etc. are all terrific. But, if the battery doesn't last, then it doesn't work for me.

So, the store exchanged the Moto X for a new Turbo 64 Nylon. After inspecting and testing the new unit, I was satisfied that they have rectified the volume issues I experience with the October built Turbo. So, there is a happy ending. Verizon did the right things by me, and I was able to get the device I wanted.

Win-win.

Cheers

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Medium to heavy use is 17 hours at best. I was able to nudge 24 hours out of it by "managing" use and turning things off. However, I prefer to just leave it all on, not worry about it, and last the full time I need to last.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all:

Win-win.

Cheers

Glad everything worked out for you. It's great that you wound up with the best phone ever(as long as it's not from the bad batch). And Verizon isn't as evil as everyone here would have you believe.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was getting about 16 hours use from my moto x 2013 with about 4 hours Screen time. Sounds like the newer one is similar. Wish it had a slightly larger battery.

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I agree about the similarity between the 2014 and 2013 Moto X battery life. I think they missed an opportunity with the 2014 model to increase the battery size more than 100 mah. Even if they had approached 2,800 to 3,000 mah, that would have been satisfactory.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree about the similarity between the 2014 and 2013 Moto X battery life. I think they missed an opportunity with the 2014 model to increase the battery size more than 100 mah. Even if they had approached 2,800 to 3,000 mah, that would have been satisfactory.

QFT. I don't understand this desire for thinnest phone. I'd buy an X in a heartbeat if it was a mm or two thicker and had a bigger battery. I think Motorola blew it this year.

dcallan

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
QFT. I don't understand this desire for thinnest phone. I'd buy an X in a heartbeat if it was a mm or two thicker and had a bigger battery. I think Motorola blew it this year.

Agreed, if it had a bigger battery, and perhaps Qi charging, it would be a winner on all accounts. As it is, the Turbo is the best alternative. My only design gripe is the capacitive buttons, which elongate the device, awkward speaker placement, and only offering BN for the 64 gig model. The materials offered on the X are more attractive and more comfortable to hold, in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith