Art vs dalvik

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone compared the differences between art and dalvik yet? I switched to art last night and it seems things run just a tad smoother.

There was some horrible initial stutter for the first few apps/15 minutes but things brightened up after that.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Art is a little glitchy right now to use as my daily driver. I am waiting for lollipop to come out in order to use it glitch free.

Posted via the Android Central App

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard of any issues related to apps crashing or that type of bad stuff. I also didn't perceive much performance bump when I left ART enabled for a while (and I did notice that bump when I had ART enabled for the long haul on my prior Droid Maxx).

As mentioned, that repeat "optimization" of a subset of apps on each reboot is seemingly the only obvious issue with ART on the Turbo. It seems many of us have gone back to Dalvik for now as a resul. Since it clearly isn't firing on all cylinders yet, better to just stick to the default. That's my thinking and seemingly the thinkling of others.

I'm surprised with the optimization issue, since the Maxx worked flawlessly on ART. I'd expect it to be closer to ready for prime time (Lollipop), not farther away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995