has anyone taken the last update, but not has Vzw add the volte on their plan?

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm just not prepared to drop calls. I don't mind that I can't use Internet and phone at the same time. Any one else????

DRoID TuRBo this...

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
You can turn off the Advanced Calling any time you want. There's a toggle in the settings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't use it due to coverages in my area. There's an area that always switches to 3g. But yes I updated and shut it off.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll never use Advanced Calling for the simple fact that it counts against your data plan. I'm on a very limited (2-gb per month) data plan, so I'm not looking to add to that if I don't have to.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll never use Advanced Calling for the simple fact that it counts against your data plan. I'm on a very limited (2-gb per month) data plan, so I'm not looking to add to that if I don't have to.

Only video calls use data. Normal calls do not count against your data plan - they are counted as voice minutes, just as MMS messages do not count against your data plan - they count as messages.

See the FAQ: http://www.verizon.com/support/advanced-calling-faqs/

Open "How much does Advanced Calling 1.0 cost?"

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Only video calls use data. Normal calls do not count against your data plan - they are counted as voice minutes, just as MMS messages do not count against your data plan - they count as messages.

See the FAQ: http://www.verizon.com/support/advanced-calling-faqs/

Open "How much does Advanced Calling 1.0 cost?"

Thanks. I must have misunderstood what I read. I thought all AC calls were counted against the data plan. Thanks for clearing that up for me.