Text msg show "send g" What is this?

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just started sending some text msg and now next to each msg sent is a blue box with Send G in it. What is this?

Posted via the Android Central App

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are using Verizon Messenger the "send G" in the blue box is an option for you to send you position/location to the message recipient via Glyph

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Text msg show "send g" What is this?

Hmmm, @factoryxx, seems like you forgot to say "Thank you", even though gave you the information you normally need to search and find your answer. But because I screwed up - I called the Verizon Messages feature Glyph when the correct name is actually Glympse - and because of my mistake you wouldn't be able to easily search to find the answer. So, guess I'll overlook the impoliteness and tell you what you want to know. Go here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/verizon-messages-faqs/&token=MaPd05_q

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Text msg show "send g" What is this?

Hmmm, @factoryxx, seems like you forgot to say "Thank you", even though gave you the information you normally need to search and find your answer. But because I screwed up - I called the Verizon Messages feature Glyph when the correct name is actually Glympse - and because of my mistake you wouldn't be able to easily search to find the answer. So, guess I'll overlook the impoliteness and tell you what you want to know. Go here: Teléfonos móviles, smartphones y la red 4 G LTE más grande - Verizon Wireless and look at Item #6 under "Driving Mode"
If you really expect to be "thanked" every time you provide helpful information on this forum, you're going to be disappointment more often than not. personally, I' like to see more use of that function, but I'm sure I've failed to thank a time or two myself. On the other hand, being petty about it won't endear you to too many additional "thanks"... probably.

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ouch - dungoyle - point well taken - I actually don't expect to be thanked everytime, but on the other hand - I also don expect to have someone strike back with more questions and just expect an answer. No one has an obligation to answer anything here. So friendliness would go a long way. Speaking of which lurking for a long time I know just how helpful you are to the host of folks here - so allow me to offer a word of appreciation to you.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ouch - dungoyle - point well taken - I actually don't expect to be thanked everytime, but on the other hand - I also don expect to have someone strike back with more questions and just expect an answer. No one has an obligation to answer anything here. So friendliness would go a long way. Speaking of which lurking for a long time I know just how helpful you are to the host of folks here - so allow me to offer a word of appreciation to you.
Well taken Jim, and I do see and acknowledge your point, and appreciate your response. Humorously, my post almost included "BTW, technically, you should thank my post as it contains potentially useful advice", but I thought to myself -- "Dude! you're just being an @$$ now!" :D

Edit: You DID Thank it. LOL!

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well taken Jim, and I do see and acknowledge your point, and appreciate your response. Humorously, my post almost included "BTW, technically, you should thank my post as it contains potentially useful advice", but I thought to myself -- "Dude! you're just being an @$$ now!" :D
Well, using Tapatalk, I'm not really sure how to use the official forum "thanks" function using this app - looked for it and couldn't find it - so this time I hit both the like button (thumbs up) and favorite button (heart) to doubly stress the thanks. You, dungoyle, are a great forum resource, and I'm sure lot's of folks often find your posts very helpful. I know I do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781