ZAGG shield update

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I went ahead and checked to see if zagg has anything coming out for the turbo and alas they are starting to push out some shields for us. It took them long enough which is kind of sad seeing as they have samsung and iphone covered on release most off the time but anyway here is the link. Motorola Droid Turbo Screen Protector | ZAGG also I would like to add in that it is only the original but since they came out with the starting one I believe the hdx and glass is not far behind. I have had nothing but a very good experience with these products so I will buy one when they come out in hdx or glass.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I went ahead and checked to see if zagg has anything coming out for the turbo and alas they are starting to push out some shields for us. It took them long enough which is kind of sad seeing as they have samsung and iphone covered on release most off the time but anyway here is the link. Motorola Droid Turbo Screen Protector | ZAGG also I would like to add in that it is only the original but since they came out with the starting one I believe the hdx and glass is not far behind. I have had nothing but a very good experience with these products so I will buy one when they come out in hdx or glass.
Great news! Thanks for sharing.

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I order spartan glass from xtremeguard sign up and they send you great email offers and get great tempered glass for like 6 bucks. I used them on my lg g3 and shattered the glass but not the screen great and I was skeptical at first till it busted.

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I order spartan glass from xtremeguard sign up and they send you great email offers and get great tempered glass for like 6 bucks. I used them on my lg g3 and shattered the glass but not the screen great and I was skeptical at first till it busted.

Consider my post, linked below, as sort of a personal testimonial for Xtemeguard Tempered Glass.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...en-protector-extreme-guard-4.html#post4220755

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been a big user of all extreme guard products sincce looking for a replacement for zagg,,,cheaper,, and xtreneguard is a great replacemenT and so much cheaper

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

apparently the zagg has now been removed from the website.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. Doesn't specifically say tempered glass, so probably a plastic film (wet application)

I've loved my previous ZAGG products so I decided to give it a try. I'm a new Droid Turbo owner, and while I've read about the pros of tempered glass, I'm concerned about the screen coverage and halo effect.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Nice, didn't find that link.

It's not glass. But i've never had any issue with any of my previous ZAGG regular Invisible Shields hindering my view of the display, so I can only imagine the HDX has to look better.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i had the original zagg on my droid maxx.

hated it.

rubbery feel and orange peel.

had it on for less than a week.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I do agree they do feel a little rubbery. But I don't mind that so much. My finger still slides smoothly over the protector with no issue.

Never really had the "orange peel" look effect any of my devices too badly. It's gotten better over time. Plus I'm not too huge of a fan of the idea of edge lift occurring.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've liked phantom skinz plastic in the past, but they don't have anything for this phone. Going to try skinomi, which I think is similar.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I ordered the HDX in hopes of trying it out, but it's taken them two weeks just to process my order. I may say screw it and just buy a tempered glass and have Verizon install it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I ordered the HDX in hopes of trying it out, but it's taken them two weeks just to process my order. I may say screw it and just buy a tempered glass and have Verizon install it.

Make sure you get the Tempered. I am not sure but I get the feeling some employees may not know the difference between Flexible and Tempered.

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site

Where/how in the world did you get the Xtreme Guard Spartan Glass for "like 6 bucks?" It's like $60 on their website. That must have been one hell of an email discount offer you got.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Where/how in the world did you get the Xtreme Guard Spartan Glass for "like 6 bucks?" It's like $60 on their website. That must have been one hell of an email discount offer you got.
Xtreme Guard frequently provides promotion codes for 85 to 90% off, probably because their product is overpriced by quite a bit. I purchased my first tempered Glass protector from them for $6. http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...reen-protector-extreme-guard.html#post4096503

That one gave it's life for the phone screen. http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...en-protector-extreme-guard-4.html#post4207343
I was able to replace with another promo code that offered 90% off with a purchase of two products (so again, $6 each for two).

Recently, I found a promo code reducing the price to $8. http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo/494337-ivoler-update.html#post4248062

They aren't worth $60, but they are definitely worth $6-$8; and superior to the flexible glass protector offered by VZW (not the VZM Tempered Glass which is apparently quite good). If you're interested and look around, you'll find a promo code; if not today, within a week. I would never pay $60 for the product, between $6 and $8, it's a bargain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo